343 Main Street East, K0K 2T0 Picton, Canada – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 313 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Merrill House! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Located in Picton, 30 miles from Empire Theater, Merrill House provides accommodations with a garden, free private parking, a terrace and a restaurant. Providing a bar, the property is located within 12 miles of Sandbanks Provincial Park. The hotel features a sauna, room service and free WiFi.
Complete with a private bathroom equipped with a shower and a hairdryer, guest rooms at the hotel have a flat-screen TV and air conditioning, and selected rooms come with a balcony.
An à la carte, Full English/Irish or vegetarian breakfast is available daily at the property.
Guests at Merrill House will be able to enjoy activities in and around Picton, like hiking and cycling.
Staff at the accommodation are always available to provide guidance at the reception.
Hell Holes Nature Trails & Caves is 23 miles from Merrill House, while Tyendinaga Caves is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Kingston Airport, 48 miles from the hotel.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.Merrill House has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jun 22, 2018
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Which rooms do you have available on the main floor? Looking for two double or queen beds. Thank youHi, Thank you for reaching out to us at Merrill House. For our double occupancy rooms on the main floor the one that we have is the Prince Edward Room. Thanks,Answered on 13 February 2020
- I would need main floor. Anything available this week?Thank you for your enquiry. The only room we have available on the first floor for the remainder of the week is on Thursday. The price is $525/night..Answered on 9 August 2022
- Do you have a 2 double bed room for Sept. 23 and 24 and what is the priceHi, Sorry about our delayed response. We do have 2 double bed rooms available those nights for $399/night. Thanks, Merrill HouseAnswered on 1 September 2019
- Hi, are let’s allowed?I believe you're asking if pets are allowed? Our property isn't really appropriate for animals, so only service dogs are allowed. Regards, Tina Head ConciergeAnswered on 24 April 2022
- Exactly what does half board mean? And what is included in the half boardThank you for your interest in Merrill House. Half board usually includes two meals, one of them is breakfast, the other is either lunch or dinner. ..Answered on 6 March 2022
- Still looking?
- Private Bathroom
- Outdoor fireplace
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Themed dinnersAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Movie nightsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Temporary art galleries
- Horseback ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/Puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
From 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Available 24 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash is not accepted Merrill House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Merrill House
Merrill House has 1 restaurant:
Guests staying at Merrill House can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Merrill House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Walking tours
- Horseback riding
- Temporary art galleries
- Themed dinners
- Bike tours
- Tour or class about local culture
- Movie nights
The prices at Merrill House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Merrill House is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Merrill House is 800 feet from the center of Picton.
Room options at Merrill House include: