653 Pandora Avenue, V8W 1N8 Victoria, Canada –
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 889 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Hotel Rialto.
The Hotel Rialto was originally named the Lim Bang Building, after the developer Mr. Lim Bang. Mr. Bang was a very successful business merchant in Victoria; in fact, he was one of the first to own a vehicle in BC and held drivers license no. 4. Built in 1911 the hotel was renamed the Prince George Hotel, which closed during prohibition. When it reopened after prohibition it was as the Hotel Douglas. It continued operating for many many years as such but as time went on, this beloved landmark building started to show it's age. Bought by its current owner, Danilo Danzo in 2000, it underwent facelifts, a name change in 2007 and then closed in mid 2007 for renovations. The hotel reopened officially as the Hotel Rialto in June 2009. Mr. Danzo, being a perfectionist, decided that the hotel was not finished to his satisfaction so in January of 2012, he again shut down the hotel for further improvements. He has assured us that the project is now complete as of the reopening in July 2012. Mr. Danzo immigrated to Canada from the Veneto region of northern Italy in 1956. He found his way to Vancouver Island and ultimately to Victoria where he has been a successful businessman for 40 y
Area Info –
- Victoria City Hall 0 miles
- Mcpherson Theater 0.1 miles
- Old Town 0.2 miles
- Market Square 0.2 miles
- Craigflower Manor and Schoolhouse 0.2 miles
- Pacific Rim College 0.2 miles
- St. Andrews Cathedral 0.2 miles
- The Bay Center 0.2 miles
- Bastion Square 0.2 miles
- Artevo Gallery 0.2 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Save-On-Foods Memorial Center 0.3 miles
- Victoria Harbour Ferry 0.4 miles
- Fairmont Empress Hotel 0.5 miles
- Point Ellice House 0.8 miles
- Craigdarroch Castle 1 miles
- Victoria Gulf Club 3.1 miles
- Camosun College 4.9 miles
- Royal Roads University 5.2 miles
- The Butchart Gardens 10.4 miles
- Brentwood Bay Ferry Terminal 11.7 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- The Mint Restaurant, Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Victoria Airport 15.4 miles
- Bellingham International Airport 45.6 miles
- Nanaimo Airport 49 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Veneto Tapa Lounge
Open for: Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail hour
6 Reasons to Choose Hotel Rialto
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Victoria
Most Popular Facilities
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs CAD 22 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Ticket Service
- Tour Desk
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment and Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Business Center
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Hypoallergenic Room Available
- Honeymoon Suite
- VIP Room Facilities
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.