The Drake Hotel
1150 Queen Street West, M6J 1J3 Toronto, Canada –
Excellent location – rated 9/10! (score from 89 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at The Drake Hotel.
Standard Queen Room
The Drake opened in 1890 as D. A. Small’s Hotel. At the time, the area was a major Canadian Pacific Railway hub that linked downtown with the lakeside summer homes of Toronto’s western beaches. For the next half century, the Hotel transitioned through several owners and names including Hotel Cecil and the Stardust. In 1949, Michael Lundy purchased the property, renamed it the Drake, expanded the building and created many of the improvements visible today, including the grand staircase in the lobby and the addition of a lounge and restaurant. Drake Hotel Properties purchased the building in late 2001 and undertook the extensive renovations that gave the hotel its current form. The Drake re-opened its doors in February of 2004 and has since gone on to proudly redefine the Toronto boutique hotel experience.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- CAMH - Queen Street West 0.3 miles
- Lamport Stadium 0.3 miles
- McCormick Arena 0.5 miles
- Trinity Bellwoods Park 0.6 miles
- Exhibition Go Station 0.6 miles
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament 0.7 miles
- Ricoh Coliseum 0.7 miles
- BMO Field 0.8 miles
- Enercare Centre 0.8 miles
- Ontario Place 1 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- CN Tower 1.9 miles
- Toronto Symphony Orchestra 1.9 miles
- University of Toronto 2 miles
- Four Seasons Center for the Performing Arts 2 miles
- Queens Park 2.2 miles
- Air Canada Centre 2.3 miles
- Toronto Eaton Center 2.3 miles
- Hockey Hall of Fame 2.3 miles
- Yonge-Dundas Square 2.4 miles
- Ryerson University 2.5 miles
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport 1.6 miles
- Pearson Airport 10.3 miles
- John C. Munro Airport 41.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail hour
5 Reasons to Choose The Drake Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Sun Deck
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Massage (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
- Evening Entertainment
- Bikes Available (free)
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is needed) and costs CAD 25 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- ATM On Site
- Baggage Storage
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Daily Housekeeping
- Suit Press (additional charge)
- Shoeshine (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Shops (on site)
- Car Rental
- Packed Lunches
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Honeymoon Suite
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
The Drake Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.