The Explorer Hotel
4825 49th Avenue, X1A 2R3 Yellowknife, Canada – Great location - show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
A cable TV is featured in all air-conditioned rooms at The Explorer Hotel. A desk and seating area are included.
Traders Grill restaurant offers daily dining options featuring American cuisine. Guests can also relax by the fireplace in the Trapline Lounge after a day’s exploring.
A fitness center is provided for guest use at The Hotel Explorer. A business center is available. A cash machine is located on-site for added convenience.
Yellowknife Outdoor Adventures offers boating, fishing, and Northern Lights trips and is located 4 minutes' drive from the hotel. Ferd Henne Territorial Park is 2.5 mi away. Northern Frontier Visitors Center is located 5 minutes’ walk away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.The Explorer Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Aug 3, 2012
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there anyway your establishment is willing to accommodated a 2 or 3am until 4pm stay under a 1 night stay policy. I am checking around the yellowk..Hello Ms. Kendra Qillung, Our check in time is anytime after 4pm on day of arrival with this early check in time it will be considered a two night sta..Answered on 13 December 2019
- Do you offer a shuttle from the airport? We will be flying in about 11:45pmWe do! Looks like you are coming with Westjet, and their crew stays with us at the Explorer Hotel. Look for our Shuttle bus outside. It's a free se..Answered on 19 February 2022
- For superior king room, your price is SGD608 for 3 nights for one adult so do we need to pay more for 2 adults?Hello, our rates are typically for single or double occupancy however we have no control on rates offered by companies/sites that is not directly Expl..Answered on 5 January 2020
- Hi, did you accept debit visa to check in?Hello, Yes we do accept debit upon check-in but there will be additional $$$ for damage deposit. Thank you - Aileen D.Answered on 17 February 2023
- do your rooms have showers or only bathtubsHello and thank you for your questions, it is combo, thank you Explorer HotelAnswered on 21 June 2020
- Still looking?
- Trader's Grill
- Open forBreakfast • Brunch • Dinner
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Traditional
- Dietary optionsVegetarian
- Open forDinner • Cocktail hour
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Movie nightsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Temporary art galleriesOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- ATM on site
- Baggage storage
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle service
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Laptop safe
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttle
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Fitness center
From 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Available 24 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
The Explorer Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
FAQs about The Explorer Hotel
The Explorer Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Movie nights
- Temporary art galleries
- Tour or class about local culture
- Bike tours
- Walking tours
- Happy hour
The prices at The Explorer Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, The Explorer Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.
Room options at The Explorer Hotel include:
The Explorer Hotel is 1,000 feet from the center of Yellowknife.
The Explorer Hotel has 2 restaurants:
- Trader's Grill
The nearest beach is 0.8 miles from The Explorer Hotel.
Check-in at The Explorer Hotel is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 AM.