Hauptstrasse, 3825 Mürren, Switzerland – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.7/10! (score from 1017 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The Swiss-style rooms are pleasantly and comfortably furnished. Most rooms also offer spectacular views of the mountains and the Lauterbrunnen Valley.
Savour à la carte menu while enjoying the beautiful mountain panorama from the terrace of the Alpina hotel.
The cosy lounge with a cable TV, a small library with newspapers and several games invites you to relax.
All hotel guests enjoy free access to the public indoor swimming pool and to the ice skating rink (only in winter) of the Mürren sports centre (200 yards).
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.Hotel Alpina has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 24 Apr 2009.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- with 4 years old kid. How can i go to the hotel if i parked the car at stechelberg? Can we use the cable car for free? Thank you very muchHow to get to us by car: There are 2 parking options: 1) Parking Lauterbrunnen Right before the train station the parking is on the left. Through the underground you can walk straight to the BLM station to go to Mürren. The last train to Mürren runs at 8.35 pm from Lauterbrunnen. The first one runs at 6.06 am. Arrived in Mürren take the lower main street on the left, walk around the corner and after only 200 m you are already at our place. The tickets you can buy right at the station. We recommend you this option as we are much closer to this station. 2) Parking Stechelberg (not covered) Drive 5km further to the Schilthorn cable ways where the parking is. The last cable car runs at 11.45 pm. The first one runs at 5.55 am. Arrived in Mürren walk 700 m straight ahead along the main street and you find us on the right side. The tickets you can buy right at the station. *** By train: From Interlaken Ost you take the train to Lauterbrunnen. Then there are 2 options: 1) In Lauterbrunnen cross the street to get to the Lauterbrunnen – Mürren BLM station. Arrived in Mürren take the main street on the left, walk straight ahead and after 200 m you are already at our place. The latest train from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren runs at 8.35 pm. (8.05 pm from Interlaken Ost) 2) If arriving later you will have to take the bus from Lauterbrunnen to the Schilthorn cable car station in Stechelberg to come up to Mürren. Once arrived in Mürren walk all straight ahead along the main street and after 700m you see us on the right side. The last gondola from Stechelberg to Mürren runs at 11.45 pm The time tables for the public transportation is subject to change. For time tables/tickets visit the official page of the Swiss railways: sbb.ch/en/home.html If required you can get a luggage trolley for a deposit at both of the stations in Mürren. Kind regardsAnswered on 16 January 2020
- AmbianceFamily friendly • Traditional • Modern • Romantic
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Gluten-free
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Sun terrace
- Socket near the bed
- Ski storage
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storage
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Packed lunches
- Indoor play area
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 14:30 to 21:00
From 07:30 to 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Hotel Alpina accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
FAQs about Hotel Alpina
Hotel Alpina is 450 yards from the centre of Mürren.
Check-in at Hotel Alpina is from 14:30, and check-out is until 10:30.
The prices at Hotel Alpina may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Guests staying at Hotel Alpina can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Hotel Alpina has 1 restaurant:
- Panoramarestaurant Alpina
Room options at Hotel Alpina include:
Hotel Alpina offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):