Hotel Bären enjoys a quiet location in the car-free Wengen, just 1,150 feet from the Train Station, offering views of the Jungfrau Mountain and the Lauterbrunnen Valley. The restaurant serves seasonal cuisine, and free WiFi is available.
All rooms are accessible by a elevator and have a private bathroom with a hairdryer and toiletries, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and an electric kettle. Ski equipment can be stored at a reserved ski storage space at the cable car station.
There is a playground, a playroom and a ping-pong table. You can also make use of tablet computers, and there is a vending machine for drinks at the Bären Hotel.
Breakfast is served every morning and you can enjoy seasonal dishes made from locally sourced products in the restaurant and on the summer terrace. Diet menus and packed lunches are available on request.
The Wengen Bus Station and the Jungfrauregion Cable Car can be reached on foot in 5 minutes.
This is our guests' favorite part of Wengen, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
- Wengen-Mannlichen - 1,200 feet
- Figeller - 1,250 feet
- Wengiboden - 1,300 feet
- Ski Lift Wengen - Mannlichen - 1,650 feet
- Innerwengen - 3,550 feet
- Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp - 4,150 feet
- Hi, can you share a sample photo of the view of this particular room? Is it a garden view?Superior double room is our room catogory with balcony and approx. 21m² in size. All rooms have a large panoramic window and a balcony with a wonder..Answered on 21 April 2022
- Online it says these rooms have attached bathrooms, are they private to each room?Thank you for your message. Each room has a bathroom shower/toilet, hair dryer, We are looking forward to your reservation. Kind regards Hotel Bären & TeamAnswered on 23 August 2022
- Do you have air conditioningWe do have Hair Shampoo and Hair dryer, but not Hair conditioningAnswered on 7 February 2022
- Is the restaurant open to guests for dinner?Hallo, Yes, our restaurant is open for dinner for our hotel guests. Dinner starts between 18:30 - 19:30.Answered on 31 January 2021
- It mentions garden view and Mountain View. Which one is it?The view from our Double Room with balcony is into our vegetable garden, but you also have a view of the Jungfrau, Breithorn, Lobhorn and the whole La..Answered on 16 May 2022
- Still looking?
Food: Local, European
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Landmark view
- Mountain view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Electric kettle
- Ski pass vendor
- Ski schoolAdditional charge
- Ski storage
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking tours
- Movie nightsOff-site
- Mini golf
- Game room
- Tennis courtAdditional chargeOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Outdoor play equipment for kids
- Indoor play area
- Board games/Puzzles
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Smoke-free property
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Hotel Bären - The place to rest accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please be informed that as a half-board guest you can eat to your mood. You choose your 3-course menu from our à la carte menu.
Please note that with 4-person occupancy by a child in the Cozy or Unique, we charge half board from the children's card for children up to 5 years CHF 15.00 per night and for children up to 12 years CHF 25.00 per night and this must be paid on site.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property has reduced reception and service hours.
FAQs about Hotel Bären - The place to rest
Hotel Bären - The place to rest has 1 restaurant:
- Restaurant Bären
Hotel Bären - The place to rest is 650 feet from the center of Wengen.
Guests staying at Hotel Bären - The place to rest can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Yes, Hotel Bären - The place to rest is popular with guests booking family stays.
Check-in at Hotel Bären - The place to rest is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Room options at Hotel Bären - The place to rest include:
Hotel Bären - The place to rest offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Game room
- Tennis court
- Mini golf
- Walking tours
- Bicycle rental
- Movie nights
- Bike tours
The prices at Hotel Bären - The place to rest may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.