Hotel Du Nord
Höhenweg 70, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 1584 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The rooms are all nonsmoking and equipped with tea-making facilities. Some rooms have a balcony or a terrace.
In the vicinity of the Hotel Du Nord there is the Bödelibad, with public indoor and outdoor pools and various spa and fitness facilities. Guests can rent bicycles at the property.
This is our guests' favorite part of Interlaken, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.Hotel Du Nord has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Feb 25, 2009
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- I’ve booked a stay on 5-9/1/23. Is it possible to walk from OST station in snow?Yes, in case of snow the pavements and the streets will be regularly cleaned for maximum safety. Kind regards, Your Hotel Du Nord TeamAnswered on 31 August 2022
- Am planning to reach early 10 am is it possible to store my luggage till check in timeGreetings from Interlaken! Thank you very much for you request . You are welcome to leave your luggage with us before check-in. We look forward to ..Answered on 27 August 2022
- Which train station should i get off so i will have an easy walk. Hope that it is not hilly.You can get off from both WEST and OST train station depending where you started your journey. From Interlaken OST to our hotel it is 7-8 minutes walk..Answered on 19 February 2022
- How much is fee for parking ?Hello By our hotel is free parking area, but we have only 10 free places. If it is full, you have to park your car on the street and the fee for 24 ho..Answered on 27 September 2022
- good morning. are all your rooms air-condition?Good afternoon. Unfortunately our Hotel does not have any rooms with AC; however every room has a fan/ ventilator in case the weather is warm. Kind r..Answered on 24 June 2022
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- City view
- Mountain view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Ski storage
- Water sports facilities on siteAdditional charge
- Mini golfAdditional charge
- RacquetballAdditional chargeOff-site
- Horseback ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- DivingAdditional chargeOff-site
- BowlingAdditional chargeOff-site
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- DartsAdditional charge
- WindsurfingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Pool tableAdditional charge
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Tennis courtAdditional chargeOff-site
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/outAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
From 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 16 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Cash is not accepted Hotel Du Nord accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please inform Hotel Du Nord of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel Du Nord
Hotel Du Nord is 1,500 feet from the center of Interlaken.
The prices at Hotel Du Nord may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Hotel Du Nord can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Hotel Du Nord offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Tennis court
- Mini golf
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Horseback riding
- Water sports facilities on site
Room options at Hotel Du Nord include:
Check-in at Hotel Du Nord is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.