Hotel Du Nord
Höhenweg 70, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9/10! (score from 1004 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Hotel Du Nord.
|Superior Double Room with Balcony|
|Panoramic Junior Suite with Balcony|
|Superior Junior Suite with Balcony|
|Superior Double Room|
|Deluxe Twin Room|
The history of the Hotel Du Nord goes back to the early 19th Century with the advent of tourism in the region. Until then, Interlaken, or the “Bodeli” as it was known (from the name of the flat plain between the two lakes, which was created by glacial sediment from the mountain rivers), had been mainly visited by religious pilgrims or commercial travellers, who would stop to rest their weary legs in one of the few local hostels after the arduous journey over the mountains. This changed once the first tourists started visiting the Jungfrau Region, lured by the works of well-known writers and descriptions the first alpine farming festivals. In 1814, the resourceful businessman and councillor Jakob Seiler recognised the potential of these new visitors and built the »Pension Seiler« at the eastern end of today’s Höhematte, on the historical foundations of the former convent. Ten years later, the hotel was renamed the »Pension du Casino« to cater to the health conscious crème de la crème of society, who would visit Interlaken’s Casino Kursaal for "whey cures". Scientists, alpinists, composers and poets - among them JW von Goethe, F. Mendelson-Bartholdy and Lord Byron – all came to ma
Hotel Du Nord takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Harderbahn Funicular - Lower Station 0.2 miles
- Interlaken East Port 0.4 miles
- Interlaken Ost Train Station 0.4 miles
- Interlaken West Train Station 0.6 miles
- Harder Kulm 0.8 miles
- Jungfrau Park 0.9 miles
- Wilderswil 1.6 miles
- Interlaken-Unterseen 2.2 miles
- Ski Lift Beatenberg - Boden 2.4 miles
- Ski Lift Waldegg - Hohwald 2.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Beatus Cave 3.8 miles
- Ski Lift Wengen - Mannlichen 6.3 miles
- Staubbach Falls 7.1 miles
- Giessbachfälle 8.2 miles
- Schilthorn 9.2 miles
- First 9.6 miles
- Mount Eiger 10.2 miles
- Mönch 11.2 miles
- Freilichtmuseum Ballenberg 11.3 miles
- Jungfrau 11.5 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Cafe de paris Restaurant 0.6 miles
- Hüsi Cafe/bar 0.6 miles
- Migros at Interlaken West Supermarket 0.9 miles
- Billiard Bar Cafe/bar 1.2 miles
- The three Tells Cafe/bar 1.9 miles
- Des Alpes Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Taverne Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Coop at Interlaken Ost Supermarket 0.4 miles
- Coop Pronto Supermarket 0.4 miles
- Heimwehfluh Mountain 1.2 miles
- Brienzersee Lake 1.9 miles
- Thunersee Lake 2.5 miles
- Blausee Lake 2.5 miles
- Harder Kulm Mountain 0.3 miles
- Lütschine River 0.3 miles
- Jungfraujoch Mountain 0.3 miles
- Aare River 0.3 miles
- Lombach River 0.3 miles
- Belp Airport 23.2 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
7 Reasons to Choose Hotel Du Nord
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Interlaken
Guests loved the "boutique" style
- Ski Storage
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
- Bikes Available (free)
- Racquetball Off-site (additional charge)
- Horseback Riding Off-site (additional charge)
- Diving Off-site (additional charge)
- Bowling Off-site (additional charge)
- Cycling Off-site
- Hiking Off-site (additional charge)
- Canoeing Off-site (additional charge)
- Windsurfing Off-site (additional charge)
- Fishing Off-site (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
- Tennis Court Off-site (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not possible) and charges apply.
Front Desk Services
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Baggage Storage
- Ticket Service
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Vending Machine (snacks)
- Vending Machine (drinks)
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Packed Lunches
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
6:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child from 0 to 2 years stays free of charge in a crib.
One child from 3 to 16 years is charged CHF 40 per night in an extra bed.
One older child or adult is charged CHF 60 per night in an extra bed.
The maximum number of cribs in a room is 1.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
100% Verified Reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 1004 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very Poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: