Dufourstrasse 4, Seefeld, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 750 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hotel Europe! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Hotel Europe is located right in the middle of Zurich’s lively Seefeld quarter, a few steps from the Opera House and Lake Zurich. Free Wi-Fi is available.
Each room features an individual style and design, including carefully selected antiquities. The modern facilities include a flat-screen satellite TV with MP3 connection and a bathroom with hairdryer.
Young, creative & cooked with regional products: Attention to detail, honest craftwork and creative combinations are the basic elements at restaurant Max & Otto.
With a lot of hospitality and feeling we bring life to new dishes inspired from all over the world.
The Stadelhofen Train Station is just a few steps away. Public parking is available a 1-minute walk away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Zurich, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.Hotel Europe has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Feb 21, 2003
Hotel chain/brand: Romantik
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hello, Is your restaurant currently open to hotel guests? ThanksThe restaurant Max & Otto is open indoor for hotel guests and outdoor for every guest. Please note that the restaurant is closed Saturday for lunch, S..Answered on 3 May 2021
- What kind of room has a balcony and lake view?We don't have rooms that give you a direct view to the lake. Our hotel is located in one quarter of the Utoschloss. Three rooms have what we call a si..Answered on 18 April 2021
- Hi- is the hotel still operating? Understood in June during Zürich Art WE that it was going to be closed and refurbished Thanks!Thank you for your question. Yes, we have fixed all damages that were in connection with the Zürich Art Weekend.Answered on 12 August 2021
- How far are you from the airport? do you have a shuttle bus to the airport?An excellent transportation is the direct train S16, departing every 30 minutes from or to the Zurich airport to Stadelhofen station, which is situate..Answered on 12 July 2021
- Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to know if it would be possible to pay by cash at the reception on arrival. Let me know please, Best regards, ValidaDear Valida Yes it is possible to pay cash on arrival. We just need your credit card for security on arrival. With many regards Christine Götz-Knopf ReceptionAnswered on 5 September 2021
- Still looking?
- Max & Otto (restaurant closed saturday for lunch, sunday for lunch & dinner, monday for dinner)
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner • High tea • Cocktail hour
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Modern • Romantic
- Toilet paper
- Guest bathroom
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- City view
- Socket near the bed
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/out
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Car rental
- Laptop safe
- Family rooms
- Hair/Beauty salon
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM
From 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
The entrance to the property is closed between 9:00 PM and 7:00 AM
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash is not accepted Hotel Europe accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform Hotel Europe of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel Europe
Guests staying at Hotel Europe can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Hotel Europe may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Hotel Europe include:
Hotel Europe is 1,300 feet from the center of Zurich.
Check-in at Hotel Europe is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Hotel Europe offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Hotel Europe has 1 restaurant:
- Max & Otto (restaurant closed saturday for lunch, sunday for lunch & dinner, monday for dinner)