Enjoying a unique location in car-free Zermatt, Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel boasts unbeatable views of the Matterhorn. It offers a rich breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi and a luxurious spa area.
All rooms and suites were designed by the Swiss artist and designer Heinz Julen. They feature LCD flat screen TVs and a Nespresso coffee machine. Most of them offer views of the Matterhorn, some also have a balcony.
Guests can relax on the beautiful terrace on the ground floor and enjoy the unobstructed view of the Matterhorn.
The spacious and exclusive spa area of the Matterhorn Focus features an indoor and outdoor hot tub, a salt-water bath, a Finnish sauna and a relaxation room with warm deck chairs. Massage and beauty treatments will be provided on request.
The hotel is reachable through a tunnel from the Kleinmatterhorn valley station of the cable car. A lift will take the guests 30 yards up to the hotel. The largest ski and hiking area can be reached in a few minutes. The village centre of Zermatt is only a short walk away.
The hotel provides shuttle service free of charge on request from/to the Train Station, Taxi Stand or Heliport in Zermatt between 8:00 to 19:00 clock.
This is our guests' favourite part of Zermatt, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
- Matterhorn Express 1 - 20 yards
- Matterhorn Express Gondola - 50 yards
- Zermatt - Furi Ski Lift - 50 yards
- Zermatt-Sunnegga - 1,300 yards
Most popular facilities
Currency exchange: Need local currency? This property offers currency exchange on site.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi I am looking at this hotel to book and I hv specified two kids with their age for the booking one kid is 7 and another 9, is their anything additio..Thank you for your request. Children under 9 years old are free of charge. For the children aged 9-15 years old we charge supplement of CHF 70.00 per night.Answered on 17 November 2020
- is there a restaurant in the hotel? if not, how is it possible to get food if external restaurants are closed?Wir sind ein Garni-Hotel. Stöbern Sie in der vielfältigen Karte des Romantikhotel Julen, mit dem wir einen Essensvertrag abgeschlossen haben. Zudem b..Answered on 31 January 2021
- We are 3 adults getting royal suit. Is the bathroom open? Or is there a door? What time is checkin time? Thank you!The Royal Suite is devided into 2 parts - sleeping and living area. The sleeping area us surrounded by a glass wall, covered by a curtain. The living ..Answered on 18 September 2022
- We are a family of 3, our child 13 y/o, could we book a double bedroom using the beds available? Will this have an extra cost? ThanksIf you book a Family suite the rate is valid for 3-4 people. If you book a double room with extra bed the supplement will be CHF 70.00 per child and nightAnswered on 21 February 2022
- Hi deR, we are traveling with a car. Can you help me if we book in your hotel where can we park? Thank youGood Evening, If you are travelling by car you have to park your car in Täsch, the village a few kilometers before Zermatt. Then you take the shuttle ..Answered on 21 June 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 23:00
07:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 16 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the hotel offers free transfers from and to the train station, the taxi stand or the Zermatt Heliport from 08:00 to 19:00. Guests are kindly requested to inform the property in advance of their estimated time of arrival if they wish to make use of this service.
If you are travelling with children, please inform the property in advance of the number of children arriving and their age. Contact details are stated in the booking confirmation.
Please also note that the property consists of 3 buildings, which are internally connected to each other.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary and other relevant information, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel
Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Spa and wellness centre
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
- Tennis court
- Beauty Services
- Swimming Pool
- Spa lounge/relaxation area
- Fitness/spa locker rooms
- Spa facilities
- Bike tours
- Yoga classes
- Body scrub
- Spa/wellness packages
- Steam room
- Body treatments
- Body wrap
Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel is 1,050 yards from the centre of Zermatt.
Yes, there is a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel on this page.
Room options at Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel include:
Yes, this hotel has a pool. Find out the details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel by:
- Train 3h
Check-in at Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Guests staying at Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Matterhorn FOCUS Design Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.