Royal Hotel Zurich
Leonhardstrasse 6, 1. Zurich Old Town - City Center, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland – Great location - show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Royal Hotel Zurich! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Only 2 tram stops or a 5-minute walk from Zurich Main Train Station and the Bahnhofstrasse shopping area, the Hotel Royal Zurich offers a private garage parking for a charge and free high-speed WiFi.
The whole property was renovated in 2018. The rooms and suites include HD flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Guests benefit from free mineral water in the mini-bar, ambiance light and air conditioning. The rooms are also equipped with USB power outlets. The private bathroom has a hairdryer.
A buffet breakfast is offered every morning in the restaurant and lounge space. Guests can enjoy the digitized coffee machine, which can also be customized through an app.
Royal Hotel Zürich also offers conference rooms and a work lounge.
The Haldenegg Tram Stop (lines 6 and 10 with direct connections from the airport and the train station) is just in front of Royal Hotel Zurich.
This is our guests' favorite part of Zurich, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.Royal Hotel Zurich has been welcoming Booking.com guests since May 18, 2005
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- can i leave my baggage at the hotel as i will be back on the 2nd dec and stay for a nightYes of course. In case of early arrivals you can always store your luaggage, in our safe luaggage room.Answered on 13 November 2019
- Complimentary Airport transfer?Convenient transfer to the hotel: The transfer from Zurich Airport to Royal Hotel Zurich can be done by tram number 10 to tram stop “Haldenegg” in fro..Answered on 3 November 2019
- I’ve a booking from 7 June to 10 June by the name Abhishek Gupta. Please let me know how to reach your hotel from Zurich airport?Hello dear Mrs. Gupta, You can take tram 10 it will be 23 stops to the station Haldenegg. That's confortable. Best Regards, Danielle PallerAnswered on 8 May 2022
- Do you have elevator in hotel? And running hot water?Dear Guest Yes, there is an elevator as well as running hot water in our Hotel. Further, due to the high quality of our water, our guests can even enj..Answered on 22 December 2022
- Sorry, I clarify the question: is it possible to have 2 parking places if I book two rooms for November 22 (in) for 1night? ThanksYes is it possible, one parking cost CHF 42 per day. When you make the reservation just say that you also want the 2 parking.Answered on 18 November 2022
- Still looking?
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- City view
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Ski storage
- Bicycle rental
- Live sports events (broadcast)Off-site
- Live music/PerformanceOff-site
- Tour or class about local culture
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Bike tours
- Walking tours
- Bar crawls
- Temporary art galleriesOff-site
- Water sports facilities on siteAdditional charge
- BowlingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Pool tableAdditional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Tennis courtAdditional chargeOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Snack bar
- Parking garage
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/out
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Car rental
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Hair/Beauty salon
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
From 12:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash Royal Hotel Zurich accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Please inform Royal Hotel Zurich of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Royal Hotel Zurich
Room options at Royal Hotel Zurich include:
Guests staying at Royal Hotel Zurich can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Royal Hotel Zurich is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Royal Hotel Zurich is 0.8 miles from the center of Zurich.
Royal Hotel Zurich offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Tennis court
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Happy hour
- Temporary art galleries
- Bicycle rental
- Water sports facilities on site
- Tour or class about local culture
- Walking tours
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Bar crawls
- Live music/Performance
- Bike tours
The prices at Royal Hotel Zurich may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.