Klein Matterhorn, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 192 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
At an altitude of 8474 feet, Hotel Schwarzsee offers views of the Valais Alps and ski-to-door access from the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise Ski Area. The Schwarzsee Gondola Elevator is 350 feet away.
Free WiFi is available in the entire hotel. The rooms have either private or shared bathroom facilities. Some have a balcony with views of the Matterhorn or Zermatt.
A buffet breakfast with fresh ingredients is prepared every morning. The hotel restaurant serves international and traditional dishes. Guests can relax on the terrace or at the hotel bar.
Ski storage and boot-drying facilities are offered on site. Several hiking trails can be found in the area.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
- Schwarzsee - Furgg - 450 feet
- Furgg - Trockener Steg - 1,300 feet
- Furgg - Sandiger Boden - 1,450 feet
- Hornli - 4,700 feet
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How do you get to the hotel? I read its only accessible via a gondola. My train arrives at Zermatt at 15:30 PM.Arriving is only possible with the Gondola. Please check the Gondola times, until they run, for your arrival.Answered on 17 June 2020
- Hello! I am wondering what ski/ gondola tickets to purchase to get to/from the hotel, if we wanted to stay 2 nights and ski 1 day.Please check it with Matterhorn Express, the Gondola company, what they could offer youAnswered on 17 June 2020
- Dear staff, how can we reach the hotel from the Zermatt train station without a car? Thanks, TommasoZermatt is a carfree resort. From the station you can take the free ski bus to the cable car. To reach us you have to take the gondolas to Furi-Schwar..Answered on 2 April 2020
- Is it easy to get to town center at night or do most guests just stay at the hotel after skiing? Thank you.Hey, unfortunately not. The Gondolas runs between Zermatt & Schwarzsee until 4:30 pm,Answered on 17 June 2020
- Hi, if I am driving do I park in Tasch ?Zermatt is carfree. You have leave the car in Täsch and take the shuttle train to Zermatt.Answered on 3 September 2021
- Still looking?
Food: Italian, Local, European
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Wardrobe or closet
- Mountain view
- Sun deck
- Ski-in, ski-out access
- Ski storage
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Pet bowls
- Baggage storage
- Fire extinguishers
- Key access
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
7:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Hotel Schwarzsee accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Hotel Schwarzsee
Hotel Schwarzsee is 2.8 miles from the center of Zermatt.
Room options at Hotel Schwarzsee include:
- Bed in Dorm
Hotel Schwarzsee offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Guests staying at Hotel Schwarzsee can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Hotel Schwarzsee has 1 restaurant:
- Restaurant Schwarzsee
The prices at Hotel Schwarzsee may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Hotel Schwarzsee is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.