Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway
Rennweg 7, 1. Zurich Old Town - City Center, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.9/10! (score from 339 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Furniture and various objects by artists including Mies van der Rohe, Frank Lloyd Wright, Le Corbusier, and Adolf Loos can be admired in Hotel Widder, as well as paintings and sculptures by Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, and others.
The Widder Hotel’s spacious, luxuriously furnished rooms are all individually decorated. They are air-conditioned and offer complimentary soft drinks, a modern video and audio entertainment system by B&O, and an elegant bathroom.
Awarded 15 points by the Gault Millau guide, the Widder Restaurant serves Swiss and international gourmet cuisine. Traditional Swiss dishes are offered in the Zur Schtund restaurant, and in summer, guests can also dine in the courtyard.
At the Widder Bar, guests can choose from a large selection of spirits from around the world and enjoy regular live jazz performances.
Zurich's Main Train Station and the shore of Lake Zurich can both be reached in just a 10-minute walk.
This is our guests' favorite part of Zurich, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.9 for a two-person trip.Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jul 27, 2005
Hotel chain/brand: The Leading Hotels of the World
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there measure scale in bath?Yes, there are weight measure scales in every room. Thank you for your message and we hope to welcome you soon in the heart of Zurich's old town!Answered on 11 October 2019
- How many toilet in the family suite?Hi Thank you for your message. In our Family Suite we do have one bathroom with one toilet. Kind regards Your Widder TeamAnswered on 25 November 2022
- We will be driving to the hotel in a ferrari. Do you have secure parking for our car?Thank you very much for contacting us. Yes we indeed have a private parking facility, which is secure and accessable exclusivly to our employees.Answered on 19 March 2022
- Hi, I’m travelling to Zurich for Christmas on my own. Will all your facilities ie bar and restaurants be open over this time? Many thanks DorothyHello, thank you for your kind request. Yes all our facilities are open during Christmas time. Kind RegardsAnswered on 1 December 2021
- Hi there Do you have rooms with two bedrooms? Or interconnected rooms?Thank you for your kind request. We have one room with two bedrooms and interconnected rooms. Furthermore we can offer two doublerooms next to each ot..Answered on 1 December 2021
- Still looking?
- Restaurant-Boucherie AuGust
- CuisineLocal • European
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- City view
- Landmark view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Temporary art galleriesAdditional chargeOff-site
- Evening entertainmentAdditional charge
- Nightclub/DJAdditional charge
- Streaming service (like Netflix)
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Valet parking
- Parking garage
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Grocery deliveriesAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Locker rooms
- Personal trainer
- Fitness classes
- Yoga classes
- MassageAdditional charge
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Cash Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway
Guests staying at Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway has 1 restaurant:
- Restaurant-Boucherie AuGust
Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Evening entertainment
- Personal trainer
- Yoga classes
- Locker rooms
- Temporary art galleries
- Fitness classes
Check-in at Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway is 2,300 feet from the center of Zurich.
Room options at Widder Hotel - Zurichs luxury hideaway include: