Basel Youth Hostel
Maja Sacher-Platz 10, Vorstädte, 4052 Basel, Switzerland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 932 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Basel
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Basel Youth Hostel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Set very close to banks of the River Rhine, this designer hostel is next to the old city gate of St. Alban. It combines historic architecture with contemporary interiors and offers free WiFi and free Mobility Ticket for the use of public transport in Basel.
St. Alban Youth Hostel was designed by the innovative architects Buchner & Bründler. Its reception, lounge and dining area are all one big open space with a modern design and furnishing.
Youth Hostel St. Alban features both bedrooms with private bathrooms and shared dormitory rooms. All have a minimalist design but are still extremely comfortable. Expect lots of wood furniture and large windows.
Set in the heart of Basel, the hostel is just 350 feet from Basel Paper Mill, a paper, printing and writing museum. Basel St. Albantal ferry dock and Hardstrasse tram stop are also 350 feet away. The Basel SBB Train Station is a 15-minute walk away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, Is the BaselCard included when you book a night here?Dear Guest Yes, Free BaselCard upon check-in. The reservation confirmation is valid for the use of public transport (2nd class) from EuroAirport or ..Answered on 2 March 2020
- Do you offer luggage storage?Yes we have free lockers in the basement. CHF5 coin needed as deposit.Answered on 9 September 2019
- Are sheets and towels included?All private rooms include sheet and towels. All shared rooms include bed sheets.Answered on 9 September 2019
- It is mis dormatory or separate for femaleWe do separate dormitories male/female as much as we can. If the hostel is almost fully booked, however, the room may be mixed. Let us know upon booki..Answered on 23 October 2020
- Hello I see that currently there is no restrictions on entering Switzerland, does it mean that I dont need a valid Covid passport to enter the hostel?Dear Guest At the moment inside Switzerland there are no restrictions (except health care facilities). Kind regardsAnswered on 30 July 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Towels/Sheets (extra fee)
- Outdoor furniture
- Socket near the bed
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Themed dinnersAdditional charge
- Game room
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Street parking
- Public transit tickets
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Indoor play area
- Board games/Puzzles
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Smoke-free property
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttle
- Non-smoking rooms
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Entire unit wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking for more than 10 people, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Basel Youth Hostel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Basel Youth Hostel
Basel Youth Hostel has 1 restaurant:
Basel Youth Hostel is 0.7 miles from the center of Basel.
The prices at Basel Youth Hostel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Basel Youth Hostel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Basel Youth Hostel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Game room
- Themed dinners
- Tour or class about local culture
- Live sports events (broadcast)
Guests staying at Basel Youth Hostel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.1).
Breakfast option(s) include: