You're eligible for a Genius discount at Mawamba Lodge! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Located between the Caribbean Sea and the canals of Tortuguero National Park, Mawamba Lodge is accessible by boat or plane only. It offers spacious rooms and features an outdoor pool and an on-site restaurant featuring local and international a la carte menu. Breakfast is included in rate and is also served a la carte.
The front desk can assist in reservations for boat tours, kayaking, and canoe trips. Walking tours are available to Cerro Tortuguero and night walks. During turtle nesting season (July to October) night tours are arranged.
Each rustic room here features wooden décor and comes equipped with a seating area and a private bathroom with a shower and toilet. They also include a private balcony with a hammock and rocking chairs.
At Mawamba Lodge you will find an outdoor swimming pool. Lush tropical gardens and direct beach access for leisurely walks.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Tortuguero Beach7.9 Good beach0 feet from property
- Flight lands at 7am, can we make it?Hi there, Unfortunatley, by the time the plane parks, and you retrieve your luggage and passing by immigration it will be about 8am by the time you a..Answered on February 12, 2020
- I live in San Jose. What is the best way to get to the property. I could drive but I also see you have a bus. Flying seems a bit expensive.Hello and greetings! If you are planning to come to Tortuguero from San Jose, yes you can drive. The drive should take you to the Embarcadero La Pavon..Answered on January 25, 2021
- booking a week long stay in mid april is it possible to arrange a shuttle from the airport? just trying to figure out the best way to get to the resor..Hello. In order to arrive in Tortuguero there is a need of taking a land transfer from San Jose and then a boat transfer from the pier in Guapiles. Th..Answered on January 19, 2021
- We are planning to drive to the lodge leaving our car at the park. It is sage enough to leave the car there 2 days?It has been very safe to leave the car at the embarking point, many people do that and its the only place to leave the car. There is a parking cost, p..Answered on June 4, 2021
- Hello. Is your wifi stable and strong enough for me to work remotely on my computer from your lodge?Hello. We offer wifi service in all the public areas of the Lodge and it offers a good connection, altough there may be local power outs from time to ..Answered on February 15, 2021
- Still looking?
Food: Latin American
Food: Latin American
Most popular amenities
2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
6:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
The entrance to the property is closed between 9:00 PM and 5:30 AM
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Mawamba Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The Lodge offers daily boat transfers from the dock in Guapiles at an additional cost. Otherwise guests may arrange their own boat transportation but should let Mawamba Lodge their expected arrival time at least 3 days before arrival. Please contact the property to confirm your transportation method and inquire about any additional information.
Please note that the reception is closed from 20:00 until 05:30. It is not possible to check in outside the normal reception opening times
KEEP IN MIND THAT AFTER 4PM THERE ARE NO PUBLIC NOR PRIVATE BOATS AT LA PAVONA DOCK TOWARDS TORTUGUERO, PLEASE CALL US BEFORE YOU BEGIN TRANSIT TOWARDS TORTUGUERO.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform Mawamba Lodge of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Mawamba Lodge
Check-in at Mawamba Lodge is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
The nearest beach is 150 feet from Mawamba Lodge.
Mawamba Lodge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Swimming pool
Mawamba Lodge is 1.3 miles from the center of Tortuguero.
Room options at Mawamba Lodge include:
Yes, Mawamba Lodge is popular with guests booking family stays.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Mawamba Lodge by:
- Airport shuttle (arranged by property) 5min
Mawamba Lodge has 2 restaurants:
The prices at Mawamba Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Mawamba Lodge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte