Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary
Parque Nacional Piedras Blancas, Golfo Dulce, Peninsula de Osa, 85-1000 Golfito, Costa Rica – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.9/10! (score from 22 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Set on a private part of Nicuesa Beach, Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge has a tropical setting in the Golfo Dulce region. It offers rooms with balconies and rainforest views, as well as a range of outdoor activities.
This eco-friendly resort features accommodations set in attractive wooden cabins. All rooms have a seating area and a private entrance.
Guests can enjoy a range of South American cuisine in the Playa Nicuesa’s restaurant. There is also a bar and lounge area with hammocks.
The Rainforest Lodge organizes activities including yoga classes, kayaking and snorkeling. The surrounding rainforest is ideal for hiking and horse riding.
The Lodge has a peaceful, picturesque location and is accessible by boat only.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is your private beach next to the property or do I need to use a means of transportation to go there?Greetings from Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary...!!! Our Lodge is located in the Piedras Blancas National Park and the access is only by boat. 30 minutes from Puerto Jimenez or Golfito. Private beach.Answered on 12 September 2019
- How can I get to the closest beach from the property?Greetings from Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary...!!! Beach is around 200 mts walking from our main building. The only entrance to our property is by boat.Answered on 12 September 2019
- Is there a shuttle available to get to the closest beach nearby? What are the other transportation options?Greetings from Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary...!!! Our Lodge is located in the Piedras Blancas National Park and the access is only by boat. 30 minutes from Puerto Jimenez or Golfito.Answered on 12 September 2019
- Regarding Boat to the hotel: -how frequently does it run? -what is the cost? -which is more convenient, Golfito or Puerto Jimenez? -Is there parking?You may drive to Golfito and park the car at the Samoa del Sur Restaurant (Aprox. US $15 per day/parking fee). Boat pick up and drop off is included in the rate on your day of arrival and departure. Last boat pick up and drop off is at 02:00 pm.Answered on 6 July 2022
Food: Local, International
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Private Bathroom
- Garden view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Private beach area
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Water sports facilities on siteAdditional charge
- SnorkelingAdditional charge
- Horseback ridingAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional charge
- CanoeingAdditional charge
- Game room
- FishingAdditional charge
- Sitting area
- FruitAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Invoice provided
- Board games/Puzzles
- Designated smoking area
- Mosquito net
- Private entrance
- Non-smoking rooms
- Yoga classes
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- MassageAdditional charge
7:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
6:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children over 6 are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction for check-in. (Only children 6 and up are allowed)
Pets are not allowed.
Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the Nicuesa transfer boat cannot pick up or drop off guests any later than 15:00 on the day of arrival or departure due to water and weather conditions in the late afternoon. Guests can be picked up and dropped off at Golfito or Puerto Jiménez.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary
Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary is 3.1 miles from the center of Golfito.
Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Game room
- Walking tours
- Private beach area
- Cooking class
- Horseback riding
- Water sports facilities on site
- Yoga classes
- Happy hour
The nearest beach is 1,000 feet from Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary.
Check-in at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary is from 7:00 AM, and check-out is until 2:00 PM.
Room options at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary include:
The prices at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Eco Sanctuary has 1 restaurant: