Ferdinandstrasse 15, Hamburg City Center (Old Town), 20095 Hamburg, Germany – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 9261 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Offering free Wi-Fi, the contemporary Spanish-style rooms at the Barceló Hamburg come with a flat-screen TV, iPod docking station and ceiling-high windows. Many offer a work desk and air conditioning.
The 1700 restaurant serves as a breakfast café, dining room, meeting point and an à la carte restaurant offering Mediterranean dishes with a northern German touch made from ingredients that are locally sourced. The B-Lounge offers a restaurant, wine bar and patio terrace.
Guests can work out in the gym or enjoy the sauna.
The popular shops, cafés and restaurants of Mönckebergstrasse are a 7-minute walk away. Binnenalster Lake is 350 feet from the Barceló, providing a beautiful jogging route. The hotel is also convenient for the Jungfernstieg and Neuer Wall shopping areas.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.Barceló Hamburg has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Oct 19, 2011
Hotel chain/brand: Barceló Hotels & Resorts
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How much does the parking cost per day?Lieber Gast, vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht. Die Parkplätze werden nach Verfügbarkeit vergeben und können somit nicht im Voraus reserviert werden. Ein..Answered on 21 September 2020
- Hallo I want to reserve a room from 09.06 , is it allowed for tourism or only business trips. I live in Germany & want to visit Hamburg 9.6 till 13.6Hello, Yes its allowed. With negative covid 19 test result. If you need more information. Just call us.Answered on 28 May 2021
- Hi from the room picture i can see that the shower if has glass door and open to the room is this in all rooms, no privacy when i use the showerDear, in all our Rooms you find this open bath style. For the privacy it´s a frosted glass. Best RegardsAnswered on 31 March 2022
- Hello, What type of rooms has facilities for disabled guests? Do you have a room with adapted bathroom with walk in shower? Thanks.Good Morning, yes we have two rooms of this type. Just leave a note in your reservation. Best Regards Barceló HamburgAnswered on 19 November 2021
- Hallo zusammen, ist es denn möglich bei Ihnen zu übernachten, wenn man aus Berlin kommt? Man sieht ja leider gar nicht mehr durch. <3-liche Grüße ;-)Sehr geehrter Gast, aufgrund der aktuellen Reisebeschränkungen sind bis zum 28.03.21 nur zwingend erforderliche Reisen erlaubt, wie z.B. Berufsreise..Answered on 18 March 2021
- Still looking?
- Restaurant 1700
- CuisineSpanish • International
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Modern
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Extra long beds (> 6.5 ft)
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Parking garage
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Grocery deliveriesAdditional charge
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Lowered sink
- Raised toilet
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM
From 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Barceló Hamburg accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that this is a complete nonsmoking hotel.
When booking for more than 7 nights, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Please note that when booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply. Guests booking 5 or more rooms may be contacted by the property to make the payment within the next 72 hours to guarantee the reservation.
Since 1 January 2013, the City of Hamburg has introduced a culture and tourism tax. This is payable for all private travel to Hamburg. This tax is payable on site at the hotel and varies from EUR 2.14 per person per night to EUR 8.56 per person per night, depending on the room rate. This tax does not apply to business trips. Please send us an employer's confirmation/confirmation for self-employed activities to exempt this tax.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Bar is closed from Mon, Dec 21, 2020 until Sun, Dec 27, 2020
Sauna is closed from Mon, Dec 14, 2020 until Sun, Jan 10, 2021
Fitness center is closed from Mon, Dec 14, 2020 until Sun, Jan 10, 2021
FAQs about Barceló Hamburg
Room options at Barceló Hamburg include:
Check-in at Barceló Hamburg is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Barceló Hamburg has 1 restaurant:
- Restaurant 1700
The prices at Barceló Hamburg may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Barceló Hamburg is 1,650 feet from the center of Hamburg.
Guests staying at Barceló Hamburg can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Yes, Barceló Hamburg is popular with guests booking family stays.
Barceló Hamburg offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center