Stay in the heart of Munich – Excellent location - show map
Excelsior by Geisel offers world-class accommodation and the chance to explore Munich on foot. Only 150 yards from the Hauptbahnhof, it is adjacent to a pedestrianed street that links to the focal Marienplatz.
Rooms at the Excelsior by Geisel have a stylish layout with antique Bavarian touches. They are all equipped with free Wi-Fi, Sky TV channels and en-suite bathrooms with selected toiletries.
In-house Geisel Vinotek serves a combination of local and Italian specialities with a modern twist. The restaurant has a vaulted roof, similar to the ones you find in Munich’s celebrated beer halls.
Available around the clock, staff at Excelsior by Geisel will be happy to provide recommendations and help with reservations. Valet parking is available and a shuttle to Munich Airport can be provided upon request. There is a direct underground connection to Munich Fairgrounds in 27 minutes.
This is our guests' favourite part of Munich, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- How much is breakfast for 2 persons?Dear Guest, Thank you for your interest in out Hotel Excelsior by Geisel. Our breakfast buffet will be 22€ per person. Kind regards, Excelsior by G..Answered on 25 October 2021
- Hello, can you accommodate 2 adults 3 children aged 8, 6 & 3 years old in one of these room? Deluxe Suite/Classic Double Room/Premium Double Room/Cla..Dear Guest, please note that we are not able to send an offer via the publix commentary. Please contact the property or booking.com directly. Best ..Answered on 17 June 2022
- Is there a pool?Dear guest, kindly note that we do not have a spa area with a pool,Answered on 29 November 2019
- Hi, is there a car parking? if yes how much does will cost per day ?Dear Guest, we have two public parking garages in the vicinity which cost approx. 20 EUR per dayAnswered on 28 July 2021
- Hi do you have connecting rooms?Good day, thank you for your request. We do have some connecting rooms. Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information. Best regards Ho..Answered on 12 July 2021
- Still looking?
Cuisine: Mediterranean, German, International, European
Open for: Dinner
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
Most popular facilities
From 15:00 hours
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Excelsior by Geisel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Excelsior by Geisel
Check-in at Excelsior by Geisel is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
Yes, Excelsior by Geisel is popular with guests booking family stays.
The prices at Excelsior by Geisel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Room options at Excelsior by Geisel include:
From the nearest airport, you can get to Excelsior by Geisel by:
- Metro 45min
- Car 50min
Excelsior by Geisel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Excelsior by Geisel has 1 restaurant:
Excelsior by Geisel is 0.7 miles from the centre of Munich.
Guests staying at Excelsior by Geisel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include: