THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg
Schaarsteinweg 4, Hamburg City Center (New Town), 20459 Hamburg, Germany – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 3352 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The 4-star studios and suites at the MADISON Hotel include a fully-equipped kitchenette, satellite TV and high-speed internet access.
Marley’s Restaurant serves breakfast, European dishes and Asian food. Die Bar offers cocktails, fine wines and a large summer terrace.
This is our guests' favorite part of Hamburg, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg has been welcoming Booking.com guests since May 26, 2005
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Does this room have a balcony and bathtub?Not all of our studio rooms have a balcony. Please note that our balconies are "French balconies". And yes - every studio is equipped with a bathtub.Answered on 20 July 2020
- Hello. Have you any rooms with a bath? I would need this. Thank you in advance. DonnyDear Donny, most of our rooms are equipped with a bathtub. Best regards Robert M. FingerAnswered on 27 July 2020
- Does the Madison have a Sauna?In the same building, you will find the Meridian Spa & Fitness. As a MADISON Hotel guest you ca use the fitness and wellness area (and of course the s..Answered on 30 July 2020
- Cab i stay with 2 kids( 4 &7 years ) on a normal king bed room as we don’t need 3rd bed the king bed is enough for 3 of usIn this case of course you can.Answered on 12 September 2021
- Hello, can I book a triple room for 2 adults, 1 child (6 years old) and 1 baby? We wouldn't need a baby cot. Thanks.Good evning , sure you can ! :) You can book a room for 3 People directly hier on booking.com ,they have got a sleep-couch and children till 6 year ol..Answered on 6 June 2022
- Still looking?
- Marley's Restaurant
- CuisineAmerican • Mediterranean • Steakhouse • German • Local • International
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner
- Dietary optionsVegetarian
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- City view
- Outdoor furniture
- Coffee machine
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Parking garage
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Grocery deliveriesAdditional charge
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Wheelchair accessible
- SpaAdditional charge
- Fitness centerAdditional charge
From 3:00 PM
From 11:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the entrance to the adjacent, external Meridian Spa & Fitness is only allowed for kids aged above 12 years when accompanied by an adult. The fitness area can be used by guests aged over 18 years.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
FAQs about THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg
Check-in at THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Guests staying at THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg has 1 restaurant:
- Marley's Restaurant
THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg is 0.8 miles from the center of Hamburg.
Yes, THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg is popular with guests booking family stays.
Room options at THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg include:
THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Bicycle rental
The prices at THE MADISON Hotel Hamburg may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.