Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at The Fontenay
The Fontenay is a 5-star hotel located on the shore of the Alster Lake in Hamburg, within walking distance of the famous shopping area at Jungfernstieg. The city resort offers a 3.3 ft² rooftop spa with an indoor/outdoor pool.
Guests can enjoy meals at the Lakeside gourmet restaurant with views over the Alster Lake as well as at the Parkview all-day-dining restaurant. The innovative Fontenay Bar offers a 320° panoramic view. In-room-dining is available 24 hours a day.
Every room at this hotel is air-conditioned and features free WiFi as well as floor-to-ceiling windows with beautiful views of the surroundings. Some rooms feature stunning lake views. Some rooms and suites offer a private furnished balcony, a walk-in wardrobe and a seating area.
The Elbphilharmonie concert hall is 2.2 mi from the property. Hamburg Airport is 5 mi away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Currency Exchange: Need local currency? This property has currency exchange on site.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Can the concierge arrange luxury car transportation from Vienna Innere Stadt to your hotel and vice versa and at what cost?We are able to arange a luxury car transportation in a Mercedes S-Class from Vienna to Hamburg for approximately € 3.500,00 one way.Answered on January 28, 2020
- what's the price for the breakfast?Our Fontenay Deluxe Breakfast costs € 35,00 per Person/Day.Answered on October 21, 2019
- For honeymoon at The Fontenay: How much your indoor parking costs per day and your indoor swimming pool is heated at what temperature for the winter?Our indoor car park costs € 28,00 per day and the temperature in our pool is about 25°C.Answered on December 31, 2019
- Possible to put extran bed on double roomDear Sir or Madam, yes we can put an extra bed in th Deluxe double room categry. Kindest regardsAnswered on October 7, 2022
- we are a family with 3 childrens is it possible to reserve a deluxe suite with a deluxe room connecting to each other?Yes, it is possible to connect one of our Premier Suites with a Fontenay Deluxe roomAnswered on September 28, 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Debit card The Fontenay accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform The Fontenay of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Swimming pool #1: Closed from Mon, Oct 25, 2021 until Mon, Nov 01, 2021
Swimming pool #2: Closed from Mon, Oct 25, 2021 until Mon, Nov 01, 2021
FAQs about The Fontenay
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
The Fontenay is 1.1 miles from the center of Hamburg.
The Fontenay offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Personal trainer
- Live music/Performance
- Beauty services
- Locker rooms
- Swimming pool
- Water sports facilities on site
- Facial treatments
- Makeup services
- Body treatments
- Body scrub
- Body wrap
- Spa facilities
- Steam room
- Spa lounge/Relaxation area
- Foot bath
- Spa/Wellness packages
- Massage chair
Yes, The Fontenay is popular with guests booking family stays.
Guests staying at The Fontenay can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
The Fontenay has 3 restaurants:
- Atrium Lounge
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Fontenay by:
- Taxi 25min
The prices at The Fontenay may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Fontenay is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Room options at The Fontenay include: