Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor
Corniche El Nile, East Bank, Luxor, Egypt – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.8/10! (score from 907 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor
Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor has a history of hosting royalty and celebrities throughout the years. The interior features grand staircases, high ceilings and lounge areas that are furnished with antique furniture and beautiful flower arrangements.
As can be expected, Winter Palace's restaurants have a historical reputation to keep up to. Relax and socialize as you enjoy French cuisine with the latest fusion dishes from around the world.
The pool scene is stunning and has the vibe of a private oasis with surrounding palm trees. A variety of convenient services are also offered at Winter Palace to deliver a memorable and stress-free vacation.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Feb 5, 2009
Hotel chain/brand: Sofitel
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, if we have our 15years old daughter could you put a bed for her?with extra chargeAnswered on 21 March 2021
- Can you arrange pickup from train station? I intend to stay for 3 nights but not sure if I want garden or Nile view, can I book one night then decide?We can arrange transfer from Airport or station please note that the station is not faraway from The hotel you can book one night , then you can ext..Answered on 9 January 2021
- Hello I am coming in August I am booking a luxury Nile view room it does say their is a balcony is it a Nile view balconyluxury nile view rooms with balconyAnswered on 21 October 2020
- Good afternoon. I wonder if there is a Connected Rooms available ? Need some prices pleaseconnected rooms , two superior Nile view room with 10 US$ supplement or one luxury garden with classic garden with supplement 10 US$Answered on 1 July 2021
- Is there free wifi available in all the rooms?yes free wifi available in all the roomsAnswered on 7 May 2021
- Still looking?
- Open forDinner
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Live music/PerformanceAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Themed dinnersAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleries
- Pool table
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- ATM on site
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/outAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit pressAdditional charge
- Ironing service
- Dry cleaning
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Hair/Beauty salon
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach chairs/Loungers
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor
Check-in at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor is 0.7 miles from the center of Luxor.
Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Tour or class about local culture
- Themed dinners
- Live music/Performance
- Temporary art galleries
- Happy hour
The prices at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor has 1 restaurant:
Room options at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor include:
Guests staying at Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish