Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid
Zurbano, 36, Chamberi, 28010 Madrid, Spain – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 49 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid
Housed in the former residence of the Duke of Santo Mauro, the Santo Mauro exhibits an architecture with marked French influences. Especially spectacular are the old library, today transformed into a restaurant and the old ballrooms, which are used today as large meeting rooms. The hotel also has a sauna.
It convenient location means you can easily get to the most exclusive designer shops of the city in the surrounding area.
This is our guests' favorite part of Madrid, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jan 14, 2010
Hotel chain/brand: Luxury Collection
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi what is the size of Deluxe roomDear sir or madam, thanks for addressing us, the average size of a Deluxe room is 40 sqm (please, keep in mind this can slightly vary since there all of our rooms are different). Best, Carmelo Cañas Front deskAnswered on 24 May 2022
- Swimming pool ?Dear guest, Thank you for interest in the Santo Mauro Hotel. We regret to inform you that our swimming pool and gym are under renovation. We are improving our wellness center and for this reason it will not be available at the moment. Kind regards.Answered on 1 September 2022
- hi, is the spa available next week?Dear Sir or Madam, unfortunately, our exercise room is under refurbishing and will not be available for a while, however, we provide alternative access to the following sport club David Lloyd Sport Club ABC Serrano Best regards,Answered on 14 December 2022
- hi, is there a spa on-site?Dear guest, Please let us inform you that actually we are on works at the hotel gym and spa. We are offering free passes to David Lloyd gym and spa, just 8 minutes walking distance from the hotel. Best regards,Answered on 21 January 2023
- Can the room take an extra rollaway bed?All rooms except Deluxe (Standard) fit an extra rollaway bed. It must be requested prior arrival and the cost is 85€+10%/day if the third person is older than 12 years old.Answered on 14 October 2019
- Open forBreakfast • Brunch • Lunch • Dinner
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Traditional • Modern • Romantic
- Bicycle rental
- Breakfast in the room
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Business centerAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Car rental
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- MassageAdditional charge
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid
Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Bicycle rental
Room options at Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid include:
Check-in at Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid is 1.1 miles from the center of Madrid.
Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid has 1 restaurant:
- La Biblioteca Gresca
The prices at Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Santo Mauro, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Madrid can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 5.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish