Barcelona Hotel Colonial
Via Layetana, 3, Ciutat Vella, 08003 Barcelona, Spain – Excellent location - show map – Metro access
Excellent location — rated 9.4/10! (score from 1360 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Barcelona
This elegant hotel is set in Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter, in an impressive, colonial, stone building with a clock tower. It is a 10-minute walk from Barcelona Cathedral and Barceloneta Beach.
Hotel Colonial’s bright, air-conditioned rooms feature wooden floors. They are soundproofed and have a flat-screen TV and minibar. You can hire the safe, and the private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and amenities.
A buffet breakfast is served in the Colonial Hotel café. Guests can relax with a free newspaper in the stylish lounge, with its white leather sofas, where Wi-Fi is free of charge.
Barcelona Hotel Colonial has a tour desk. Barcelona Marina and the boutiques of the trendy Born district are 5 minutes’ walk away. Parking is also available within a 5-minute walk of the property.
This is our guests' favourite part of Barcelona, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
Barceloneta Beach8.0 Very good beach1,150 yards from property
Sant Miquel Beach8.2 Very good beach1,150 yards from property
Somorrostro Beach8.1 Very good beach1,250 yards from property
Sant Sebastian Beach8.1 Very good beach1,300 yards from property
Nova Icaria Beach8.2 Very good beach1.1 miles from property
Bogatell Beach8.2 Very good beach1.4 miles from property
Mar Bella Beach8.2 Very good beach1.8 miles from property
- Hello, do you have facilities to make a cup of tea and boil water. thanksNo, we dont have it Elisabet Comercial dpt.Answered on 15 June 2020
- Hi. I am trying to confirm what room has balcony or terrace before booking Please adviseIs not possible to confirm it, please answer to the receptionist the day of the arrival. Elisabet Comercial Dpt.Answered on 15 June 2020
- Do you have any disabled rooms ?Yes, but we can not confirm it, answer to the receptionist the day of the arrival Elisabet Comercial Dpt.Answered on 15 June 2020
- Hi. Can you tell me which of your rooms have a balcony? Thank you MeganAll the rooms doesn't have balcony, when you will arrive to the hotel answer to the receptionist, we can not confirm it. Elisabet Comercial Dpt.Answered on 15 June 2020
- Does this room have balcony?We can not confirm it, when you arrive to the hotel answer to the receptionist Elisabet Comercial Dpt.Answered on 15 June 2020
- Still looking?
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Parking garage
- Invoice provided
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Safety deposit box
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Car hire
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Lower bathroom sink
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
15:00 - 00:00
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 5 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Barcelona Hotel Colonial accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. If you are not the owner of the credit card used to make the reservation, please contact the property in advance.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
FAQs about Barcelona Hotel Colonial
Barcelona Hotel Colonial offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Check-in at Barcelona Hotel Colonial is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
Room options at Barcelona Hotel Colonial include:
The nearest beach is just 0.7 miles from Barcelona Hotel Colonial.
Guests staying at Barcelona Hotel Colonial can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Barcelona Hotel Colonial is 0.7 miles from the centre of Barcelona.
The prices at Barcelona Hotel Colonial may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.