Casa Palacio de los Leones
La Placilla, 2, 11500 El Puerto de Santa María, Spain –
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 570 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Casa Palacio de los Leones.
Originally built in 1790 and restored in 1999, the building represents the most impressive example of baroque architecture in El Puerto de Santa María. Locally the building is known as the Casa de los Leones – the House of Lions – as these fine beasts decorate the pillars of the entrance. Although the entire façade is very pleasing to the eye, the undulating balcony is of exceptional merit, with its design and wrought iron serving to intensify the baroque appeal of this unique building. Also worthy of mention is the statue of the Virgen de la Escalada - Virgen of the Climb – in her oratory flanked by 2 pillars. The virgin is comes from the mountains and is crafted in gilded ceramic and dates from the XVII century. Other important features of the construction are the main interior patio and the galleries that surround it, whose wooden beams, balusters and wrought iron have been fully restored. Adjacent to the house lies the Plaza del Mercado – Market Square – built in 1874.
Casa Palacio de los Leones takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info –
- Playa de La Puntilla 1.2 miles
- Valdelagrana 1.7 miles
- Playa de Fuentebravía 3.4 miles
- Castillo de Santa Catalina 4.8 miles
- Plaza de España Cádiz 5.8 miles
- Monument to the Courts from 1812 5.8 miles
- Museum of Cádiz 5.9 miles
- Cadiz Museum 5.9 miles
- Plaza San Antonio 6 miles
- Casa de las Cadenas 6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Plaza de Fray Félix 6.2 miles
- Genovés Park 6.2 miles
- Cathedral from Cadiz 6.2 miles
- La Caleta Beach 6.5 miles
- Castillo de San Sebastián 6.8 miles
- Ramón de Carranza Stadium 7.2 miles
- Jerez Cathedral 7.4 miles
- Playa de la Victoria 7.6 miles
- Villamarta Theatre 7.7 miles
- Bahia Sur Shopping Centre 9.1 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Mercado de Abastos Market 0 miles
- Día Supermarket 0 miles
- Jerez Airport 13.6 miles
- Gibraltar Airport 57.7 miles
- Seville Airport 59.8 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Food: Local, European
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, High tea, Cocktail hour
Most Popular Facilities
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- Family Rooms
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Sun Deck
Pets are not allowed.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 4 per day.
- Car Rental
- Daily Housekeeping
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
1:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Your keys are waiting at the reception desk.
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to apartment type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
- Monday to Tuesday and Thursday to Saturday: 8:30 am - 9:30 pm;
- Wednesday and Sunday: 10 am - 2 pm and 6 pm - 10 pm.
Check-in outside front desk hours takes place at Hotel Los Cantaros, located 650 feet away.
If you expect to arrive outside check-in hours, please inform the property in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking or contact the property.
Please inform Casa Palacio de los Leones of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.
License number: A-CA00074