Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios
Paseo de los Basilios, 2, Genil, 18008 Granada, Spain – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.0/10! (score from 1889 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios was built over an old Muslim temple. The convent building dates from 1616 and has many original details.
The Monasterio de los Basilios is just a 10-minute walk from Granada Cathedral and the historic center of the city. Buses to the Alhambra Palace stop outside the hotel, and airport buses stop nearby.
The hotel restaurant is on a mezzanine and offers Mediterranean food. Other services include car rental and a tour desk.
All rooms have air conditioning and heating. They also have a private bathroom with amenities.
This is our guests' favorite part of Granada, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.0 for a two-person trip.Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Apr 28, 2010
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Can we arrive by car and park at the hotel?Access to the Hotel, on the encirclement GR-30, you must take the Exit 15, Direction: "Granada Center" Parking APK2 Escolapios arranged for 17.00€ pe..Answered on 11 March 2022
- Do you have parking in the hotel or close to the hotelEstimado Cliente: El hotel no posee parking propio pero tenemos un concierto con un parking que esta casi enfrente del hotel. El precio es de 15€.Answered on 17 June 2020
- will the Restaurant be open for lunch and evening meats when we arrive 23rd December ?Buenas Tardes, Solo tenemos servicio Desayuno en hotel. SaludosAnswered on 3 November 2022
- Hi if I book a superior double room with terrace will I be allowed to smoke on my terrace if I close balcony doorif your booked superior double there have terrace and you can smoke thereAnswered on 20 March 2022
- Do you have wi fi? Do you have a room for three adults?We have wifi in the hotel and triples rooms.Answered on 3 September 2022
- Still looking?
- Dietary optionsHalal • Kosher • Vegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- BingoAdditional chargeOff-site
- ArcheryAdditional chargeOff-site
- Live sports events (broadcast)Additional chargeOff-site
- Live music/PerformanceAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Movie nightsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Stand-up comedyAdditional chargeOff-site
- Bar crawlsAdditional charge
- Tennis courtAdditional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Parking garage
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- SafeAdditional charge
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Car rental
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Entire unit wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach chairs/Loungers
From 2:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Spa and gym facilities at this property are unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please inform Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios
Guests staying at Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.8).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Tennis court
- Tour or class about local culture
- Walking tours
- Stand-up comedy
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Bike tours
- Bicycle rental
- Bar crawls
- Live music/Performance
- Movie nights
Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios has 1 restaurant:
Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios is 2,950 feet from the center of Granada.
The prices at Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Hotel Macià Monasterio de los Basilios include: