Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian
Paseo República Argentina, 4, 20004 San Sebastián, Spain – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.8/10! (score from 717 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The air-conditioned rooms include a flat-screen satellite TV. Their marble bathroom comes with a separate bath and rain-effect shower, bathrobe and slippers.
Breakfast is served daily at the Breakfast Restaurant. The DRY Martini cocktail bar serves a range of drinks.
Hotel Maria Cristina has hosted movie stars including Woody Allen and Elizabeth Taylor during the San Sebastián Film Festival, held every September.
The Kursaal Convention Center is 1,150 feet away. San Sebastián’s Old Town is 1,500 feet from María Cristina Hotel.
This is our guests' favorite part of San Sebastián, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Oct 22, 2004
Hotel chain/brand: Luxury Collection
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- We are travelling with a small dog. Do you allow pets?Pets max 15kg 1 xroom , Cert. of vacc.ID req. suppl. of € 100€ per stay for special cleaning req supl of € 500. Other add supp may be charged for da..Answered on 20 July 2021
- Can you combine the twin beds to one bed, please? Thank you!yes, we have special Zip mattress and all rooms with twin beds can be make as king size regardsAnswered on 20 July 2022
- Is there valet parking?Estimados clientes, Con mucho gusto les informamos que disponemos de plazas de parking público situado justo bajo nuestro hotel. Con gran placer nue..Answered on 14 January 2020
- Does the hotel have shuttle service from Bilboa Airport?yes, please provide us full details about the arrival time and departure if you need The concierge will quote the service and will send you all the i..Answered on 22 June 2021
- Im disappointed to hear u allow dogs.We want a nice quiet relaxing stay.Please confirm if theres rooms far away for dogs, we don't want to hear themwe will do our best when the reservation will be made kindest regardsAnswered on 30 September 2022
- Still looking?
- Cafe Saigon
- Open forLunch • Dinner
- The Gallery
- Open forLunch • Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Outdoor furniture
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rental
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Bar crawlsAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleriesAdditional chargeOff-site
- SnorkelingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Horseback ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- DivingAdditional chargeOff-site
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- WindsurfingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional chargeOff-site
- iPod dock
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Pay-per-view channels
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Valet parking
- Parking garage
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Car rental
- Laptop safe
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Visual aids (tactile signs)
- Visual aids (Braille)
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Lowered sink
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that guests must present the credit card used to make the reservation on arrival. If you are not the owner of the credit card used to make the reservation, please contact the property in advance.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian
Check-in at Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Room options at Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian include:
The prices at Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian has 2 restaurants:
- The Gallery
- Cafe Saigon
Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Walking tours
- Tour or class about local culture
- Horseback riding
- Temporary art galleries
- Cooking class
- Bike tours
- Bicycle rental
- Bar crawls
Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian is 2,150 feet from the center of San Sebastián.
The nearest beach is 1,150 feet from Hotel Maria Cristina, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Sebastian.