Monjas del Carmen
Plaza de Cuchilleros, 13, Granada City Center, 18010 Granada, Spain –
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 1399 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Monjas del Carmen.
Hotel Monjas del Carmen is located at the foot of the hill of the Alhambra and also in the historic city center of Granada, the old Nasrid Mauror has kept its name until today, as well as the layout of its streets, one that gives the Hotel Monjas del Carmen its name, The convent of Carmelitas Calzadas was founded in the early sixteenth century, being Alonso de Loaysa its patron. Inside it contains important works of art as portraits of his patrons Loaysa lords, painted by Juan de Aragon, as well as sculptures by José de Mora and Jose Risueño, important representatives of the Granada School of the second half of the seventeenth century. Also, in this sector of the city was the old Jewish quarter. The memory of one of its most distinguished members Yehuda ibn Tibbon, philosopher, physician and translator, whose statue stands very close the Hotel.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Plaza Nueva 0.1 miles
- Royal Chapel 0.1 miles
- Royal Chapel of Granada 0.1 miles
- Albaicin 0.1 miles
- Granada Cathedral 0.1 miles
- Calle Navas 0.2 miles
- Bib-Rambla Square 0.2 miles
- Hammam Arab Baths 0.2 miles
- Elvira Street 0.3 miles
- Carrera del Darro Street 0.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Alcaiceria 0.4 miles
- San Nicolas Viewpoint 0.4 miles
- Sacromonte 0.4 miles
- Paseo de los Tristes Boulevard 0.5 miles
- Alhambra and Generalife 0.5 miles
- Granada Train Station 0.9 miles
- Plaza de Toros 0.9 miles
- Granada Science Park 1.1 miles
- Museum Federico Garcia Lorca 10.9 miles
- Borreguiles Ski Lift 13.5 miles
- Federico García Lorca Airport 10 miles
- Malaga Airport 60.1 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Monjas del Carmen
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Granada
Most Popular Facilities
- Ski Passes Available
Pets are not allowed.
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is available on site (reservation is needed) and costs EUR 22 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Ticket Service
- Tour Desk
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Hypoallergenic Room Available
- Car Rental
- Soundproof Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children are welcome
There's no capacity for cribs in the room.
There's no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Monjas del Carmen accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.