This 14th-century ivy-covered castle has a dramatic setting overlooking the valley of the River Águeda and the amazing Campo Charro countryside. It is ideal for a relaxing break in an atmospheric, historic setting.
Set on a hilltop with a steep drop to the valley floor, the Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo features a dramatic location in this ancient city. It is surrounded by historic monuments such as the city’s cathedral and Plaza Mayor, beyond which you can enjoy the peaceful countryside – known as the Campo Charro.
The ancient stone buildings of the carefully restored castle come with their own attractive gardens. The delightful interior is full of traditional, Castillian furnishings, charming, period details, sunny courtyards and comfortable lounges.
Admire the huge dining hall, with its stone arches and historic tapestries – a great place to enjoy characteristic local dishes, a succulent roast and Iberian hams.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Currency Exchange: Need local currency? This property has currency exchange on site.
- Hello Do you have outside car parking available with spaces for large cars? Thank youWe need parking inside Parador, free for our Guest. It is wide enough to park large cars or vans. Best regardsAnswered on February 28, 2022
- Good Morning, We would like to stay in your Parador. We will be travelling with our dog. Would she be allowed in your restaurant or bar? If not, is th..Thank you very much for your email We inform you that our Parador allows pets but they cannot be in common areas such as restaurant or bar. If you wis..Answered on January 12, 2022
- Piscina) Swimming-pool?Sorry but we don´t have swimmimg pool.Answered on August 4, 2022
- there is access to the room by wheelchair ? and the dog can stay in room ?Good morning; In response to your email inform you that the pet would be with you in the rooms and we note that they will come with a wheelchair, to a..Answered on February 16, 2020
- do you offer cribs?Dear Sr. Our Parador has cribs, however on advance request since we have a limited number of cribs. A cordial GrettingsAnswered on January 30, 2020
- Still looking?
Tamizia - Parador Ciudad Rodrigo
Most popular amenities
From 2:00 PM
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo
The prices at Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Guests staying at Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Walking tours
- Public Bath
Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo has 1 restaurant:
- Tamizia - Parador Ciudad Rodrigo
Room options at Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo include:
Parador de Ciudad Rodrigo is 1,650 feet from the center of Ciudad-Rodrigo.