This historic hotel is housed in the former San Francisco Convent, in Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Located on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, this restored property features impressive architecture.
Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda is into 3 sections: the church, the workshop-museum and the hotel area. All rooms feature a TV, a mini-bar and a private bathroom.
The restaurant is located in the Parador de Santo Domingo, 1,300 feet away. It serves traditional dishes from La Rioja, and the wine list features many good local wines. Breakfast is also served here.
The countryside around the hotel is great for hiking, and you can play golf nearby. Valdezcaray Ski Resort is 8.1 mi away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.0 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Currency Exchange: Need local currency? This property has currency exchange on site.
- How near are the public car parks? We can’t carry our luggage .Can it be dropped off outside the hotel?On both sides of the Parador there are publc and free Parking. White lines.Answered on June 25, 2022
- Hi there. We are looking to stay here after finishing walking the Rioja part of the Camino. We need to get to Bilbao from Santo Domingo de la Calzada...good morning, there are bus servises from santo domingo to bilbaoAnswered on May 2, 2022
- is parking available near the hotelGood morning, the parador doesn't have a private car park but, near the hotel, there are several public car parks. Best regardsAnswered on February 14, 2022
- Do you have parking ? If not can we reserve parking in the nearby parador?Dear guest; We don't have parking or garage. Neither we can't make any parking reserve in the another Parador. Regards.Answered on June 25, 2022
- Do you have a place we can lock up bicycles?Hello We don´t have a place to keeep bikes but you can keep them in a special parking place in the other Parador located 500m from us.Answered on September 19, 2022
- Still looking?
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
Most popular amenities
From 2:00 PM
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda
From the nearest airport, you can get to Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda by:
- Car 2h
The prices at Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Yes, Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda is popular with guests booking family stays.
Room options at Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda include:
Check-in at Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
Parador de Sto. Domingo Bernardo de Fresneda is 1,000 feet from the center of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.