Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Merikasarminkatu 1 A, Katajanokka, 00160 Helsinki, Finland – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 800 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Helsinki
Housed in a converted prison from 1837, this atmospheric hotel is found on Katajanokka Island in central Helsinki. Uspenski Cathedral is a 10-minute walk away, while Helsinki Cathedral is found within 15 minutes' walk.
Decorated in warm colors, each room includes a flat-screen TV, writing desk, mini-bar and kettle. Free WiFi is available in all rooms of Hotel Katajanokka.
Restaurant Linnankellari operates in the basement of an old county jail, and offers Finno-Scandinavian local and organic food prepared of the finest ingredients. In the heart of the kitchen is a charcoal grill.
Guests at Hotel Katajanokka have free sauna access on weekend mornings, and free access to the modern gym which is open 24 hours a day.
Trams stop right next to Hotel Katajanokka, bringing guests to Helsinki’s city center in less than 10 minutes. The panoramic SkyWheel Helsinki is only 1,950 feet away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there a laundromat/coin laundry?In our hotel we have only laundry service but not laundromat. We do have an agreement with the neighbouring Eurohostel that our customers can go and d..Answered on 15 March 2020
- Hei, Paljonko maksaa vrk parkkeeraus ja onko yleensä tilaa? Oltaisiin tulossa 3 päivä ja lähdettäisiin 4 päivä. Myös check out 3ta, jos mahdHei, Hotellin pihalla on julkinen pysäköintialue jonka hinta on 21€/24h tai 3,50€/h. Paikkoja ei pysty varaamaan etukäteen. Hotelliasukkailla on mahd..Answered on 2 January 2021
- Hello, do you have 24/7 check in possibility? We (2adults )arrive to Helsinki at 11pm on Saturday 10/9 so would get to your hotel by 12am kiitosHello, yes we are open 24/7.Answered on 6 August 2022
- hi, we are a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 children. i dont want to take 2 rooms.. it is not possible to stay in one roonm?Our Family rooms can fit 2 adults and 2 children. Best Regards, NathalieAnswered on 7 February 2022
- Hi, Do you have Sauna? Can we reserve for a private time?Hello. We have a sauna at the hotel. It can be reserved for 30€/hour. On Saturday and Sunday morning we have complimentary sauna.Answered on 5 December 2022
- Still looking?
The Linnankellari Restaurant
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Bicycle rental
- Live music/Performance
- Streaming service (like Netflix)
- Flat-screen TV
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Baggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/Puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit press
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Pet bowls
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Car rental
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Contact details are included in the booking confirmation.
Please note that bookings cannot be guaranteed with Visa Electron. Contact the property for further details.
Please note that when booking the prepaid - nonrefundable rate where payment is due before arrival, property will provide detailed payment instructions, for example a link to a secured payment platform.
When booking 8 rooms or more, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
FAQs about Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Room options at Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel include:
Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- The Linnankellari Restaurant
The prices at Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Live music/Performance
- Bicycle rental
Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is 1 miles from the center of Helsinki.
Guests staying at Hotel Katajanokka, Helsinki, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include: