Bed and Breakfast Chateau De La Barre
Chateau De La Barre, 72120 Conflans-sur-Anille, France – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 5 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The Comte and Comtesse de Vanssay (she is Anglo-American, he is the twentieth generation to live in his family chateau), welcome guests like friends into their private home, where the bedrooms, all ensuite, combine elegance and comfort.
Hidden away in the midst of its’ 100 acres private park and gardens, between Chartres and Tours, at the entrance to the Loir and Loire valley, less than 2 hours West of Paris, Chateau de La Barre has been in Guy and Marnie de Vanssay’s family for more than 612 years. Elegance and authenticity meet with comfort and modernity in this elegant estate surrounded by 16th century dry moat fortifications, with its’ own chapel, flower gardens, fountains, and pond. In the great dinning room, masterpiece of the 18th century with its’ imposing dresser, 4 course candlelit dinners accompanied by a special selection of wines, are hosted by Comte & Comtesse de Vanssay three times a week. All the bedrooms and suites, each somptuously and individually decorated with beautiful period antiques, offer splendid views out onto the XVIth century fortifications, the vast garden, the pond and valley beyond. As well as airport and city transfers and sightseeing trips with a luxury private chauffeur guide.
- 3 beautiful golf courses, - horseback riding, - hot air ballooning over the Loire, - Unique Historic sightseeing : the famed Loire Valley castles and the Loire Valley, a UNESCO heritage site and cradle to the French kings, the many picturesque and untouched villages of the little Loir valley, with their romanesque XIIth century churches and unique frescoes, the magnificiently restored old city of Le Mans, home of the Plantagenet kings and stageset to numerous films - special Renaissance lunches in Leonardo da Vincis home “Le Clos Lucé”, - visits of recommended vineyards and wineries of the Loir region with special vintage wine and cheese tastings in a troglodyte cave, - touring the picturesque countryside in a 1940s Citroen Traction Avant Vintage car, - driving a race car on the Maison Blanche track in Le Mans - and of course, many gourmet restaurants and local country bistros to discover!
German, English, French
Area Info– Excellent location – show map
Restaurants & Markets *
Le Pertica Restaurant18.6 miles
Natural Beauty *
Anille River0.1 miles
Closest Airports *
Tours Loire Valley Airport35.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Dinner
4 reasons to choose Chateau De La Barre
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
Services & Extras
- Tickets to shows/attractions Additional charge
Pets are not allowed.
- Cooking class Additional charge
- Tour or class about local culture
- Themed dinners Additional charge
- Bike tours
- Walking tours
- Bikes available (free)
- Horseback riding Off-site Additional charge
- Canoeing Off-site Additional charge
- Pool table
- Game room
Food & Drink
- Bottle of water
- Wine/Champagne Additional charge
Free! Wired internet is available in the business center and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible parking
- Parking garage
- Secure parking
- Airport drop-off Additional charge
- Airport pickup Additional charge
Front Desk Services
- Private check-in/out
- Ticket service
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/out
Entertainment & Family Services
- Outdoor play equipment for kids
- Books, DVDs & music for kids
- Board games/Puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing service Additional charge
- Dry cleaning Additional charge
- Fax/Photocopying Additional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilities Additional charge
Safety & Security
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle service
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Airport shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle service (additional charge)
- Smoke-free property
- Car rental
- Honeymoon suite
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
Chateau De La Barre accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.