Château de la Pioline
260, Rue Guillaume du Vair, 13546 Aix-en-Provence, France – Show map
|Double Room with Garden Terrace|
Max adults: 2
Max children: 2 (up to 0 years of age)
|Deluxe Double Room|
Guillaume du Vair , first President of Provence’s Parliament , bought the manor in 1613 and sold it three years later to Renaud Piolenc , Esquire of Aix , Lord of Cornillon , from a very old comtadine family . He made some changes to the main building and extended it up to 42 meters with a rate of 13 windows. In 1760 fortune setbacks overwhelmed Honoré Henry Piolenc Thoury . Chateau de la Pioline is auctioned , the buyer is the Marquis de Meyronnet , counselor of the Parliament .He began the construction of two lateral wings and courtyard with a central fountain and decorated with vases of the famous sculptor Chastel . Other transformations are performed as a new staircase and ramp pavement tiles of all parts of the castle. In 1772 he built the small " menagerie " called Hotel Pourceaugnac as shown in slate plaque engraved on the front , in a solar watch . Finally he opened in 1774 , the great gilded salon renamed Louis XVI Salon richly decorated at this time in this region. Unfortunately we do not know the names of the artists and will probably never know who is the author of the charcoal sketch performed behind the false door of this room ...
Château de la Pioline takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Show map
- Carrefour La Pioline Shopping Centre 0.6 miles
- ESGCF School of Commerce Aix-en-Provence 1.2 miles
- Centre Schuman Aix-Marseille University 1.9 miles
- Cité du Livre Library 2 miles
- Aix-Marseille III University Paul Cezanne 2.1 miles
- Association of the Companies of the Business Park of Aix-en-Provence 2.1 miles
- Caumont Art Centre 2.4 miles
- Cours Mirabeau 2.4 miles
- Greffe Commercial Court Aix-en-Provence 2.4 miles
- Aix-en-Provence Town Hall 2.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Sciences Po Aix University 2.5 miles
- Saint-Sauveur Cathedral 2.5 miles
- Aix-en-Provence Congress Centre 2.6 miles
- Aix-en-Provence Tribunal de Grande Instance - Court House 2.7 miles
- Military School D'Aix-En-Provence 2.8 miles
- ESPE Academy Aix-Marseille University 2.8 miles
- ESPE Aix-Marseille University 2.8 miles
- ESPE Aix-En-Provence University 2.8 miles
- Parc technologique de la Duranne 2.9 miles
- IAE Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management 5.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- CARREFOUR Supermarket 1.9 miles
- sainte victoire Mountain 0 miles
- Provence Airport 10.5 miles
- Caumont Airport 37.5 miles
- Hyères Airport 46.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
restaurant Pierre REBOUL
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
5 Reasons to Choose Château de la Pioline
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Fence Around Pool
- Outdoor Pool (seasonal)
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs, Music for Kids
- Board Games/Puzzles
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:00 PM - 12:00 AM
5:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 12 years stay free of charge for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
For children of 12 years old or younger, breakfast is charged EUR 15.
Please note that the breakfast price applies for children and adults aged 13 and older.
The restaurant is open every day from 12:00 to 14:00 and from 19:30 to 22:00.
Please note that for reservations of 3 or more rooms, special conditions will apply. Please contact the property for further details.
100% Verified Reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 284 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very Poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: