12 place Crillon, 84000 Avignon, France –
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 457 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Hotel d'Europe.
The Hotel d’Europe might be one of the oldest hotels in Europe. It was originally built in the 16th century and was converted into a hotel in 1799. Napoleon Bonaparte used to stay here when travelling in the South of France. He was the one who advised the owner, Madame Pierron, to adopt the name “Hotel d’Europe”. The luxurious renovations made in 1740 gave the hotel a palatial feel which has charmed many historic figures down the ages: Alphonse de Lamartine, Victor Hugo, Charles Dickens, Salvador Dali, Pablo Picasso, Orson Welles, Charlie Chaplin, Jacqueline Kennedy, etc. Thanks to this important inheritance, you will be able to appreciate antique furniture and beautiful works of art. Of course, the Hotel d'Europe has moved with the times. Long ago, ancient copper baths and canopy beds made way for modernity. The Hotel d’Europe offers all the amenities that you would expect from the most up-to-date luxury hotels: air conditioning and free wifi connections throughout the hotel, top quality bedding, etc. La Vieille Fontaine is one of the best gastronomic restaurants in Avignon where you will discover the creative cooking of our chef Mathieu Desmarest
Area Info –
- Avignon City Hall 0.1 miles
- Papal Palace 0.2 miles
- Pont d'Avignon 0.2 miles
- Ceccano Media Library 0.3 miles
- CCI de Vaucluse 0.5 miles
- Avignon Central Station 0.6 miles
- University of Avignon 0.7 miles
- Tribunal de Grande Instance Court House Avignon 0.8 miles
- Courtine Parc d'Activités Business Park Avignon 1.6 miles
- Avignon ESAA Superior Art School 2 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Avignon TGV Train Station 2 miles
- Agroparc Technople Avignon Business Park 5.2 miles
- Saint Michel de Frigolet Abbey 7.4 miles
- Thouzon's cave 9.3 miles
- Pont du Gard 14 miles
- Abbaye de Senanque 19.1 miles
- Caumont Airport 5.7 miles
- Garons Airport 23.4 miles
- Provence Airport 40.9 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
6 Reasons to Choose Hotel d'Europe
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Avignon
Most Popular Facilities
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Massage (additional charge)
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Snack Bar
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 20 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment and Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Shoeshine (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Hypoallergenic Room Available
- Shops (on site)
- Car Rental
- Packed Lunches
- Soundproof Rooms
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- VIP Room Facilities
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
The maximum number of cribs in a room is 1.
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Hotel d'Europe accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.