Hôtel de l'Horloge
1 Rue Félicien David - Place de l'Horloge, 84000 Avignon, France – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 1248 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hôtel de l'Horloge! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.This hotel is set in a 19th-century building overlooking the picturesque Place de L'Horloge, in the center of Avignon. It offers stylish rooms with free WiFi access. The hotel is a 2-minute walk from the Papal Palace.
The Hôtel de l'Horloge's rooms are decorated with antique furnishings. They are soundproofed and feature air conditioning, and some also come with private terraces. Three rooms are suitable for guests with reduced mobility. Some of the hotel's rooms feature panoramic views of the Palais des Papes.
The Luberon Regional Natural Park is a 30-minute drive away and the Alpilles mountains are a 55-minute drive away. Avignon - Caumont Airport is 6.2 mi away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Avignon, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.Hôtel de l'Horloge has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Feb 4, 2007
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- do you have parkingHôtel de l’Horloge offers a 20 % discount for parking Palais des Papes, a public underground car park (about 15€ per 24 hours, discount applied).Answered on 4 August 2020
- Is there a bathtub ?Most of our rooms have bathtub. Please find details below : Bathtub in : Suite, Privilege With Terrace, Junior Suite, Privilege, Superior, Tradition W..Answered on 30 October 2019
- Do you have on site parking?Hotel de l'Horloge offers 20 % discount on Parking Palais des Papes. Parking Palais des Papes is underground, public, paying, the entrance is located ..Answered on 3 January 2023
- Are your standard double rooms the only rooms with shower? It seems all the others are bathtub only. Thanks.Dear Sirs, We have also Supérieur and Tradition rooms equipped with shower. Looking forward to welcoming you. Yours truly, Ira Front DeskAnswered on 12 June 2020
- Hi, I’m arriving to your hotel tomorrow, can you please send the address of the parking place. ThanksHi, You need to enter the following address: Rue Ferruce The car park will be at the Pope's Palace Best regardsAnswered on 18 August 2022
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- City view
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- AerobicsAdditional chargeOff-site
- ArcheryAdditional chargeOff-site
- Live sports events (broadcast)Additional chargeOff-site
- Live music/PerformanceAdditional chargeOff-site
- Cooking classAdditional chargeOff-site
- Themed dinnersAdditional chargeOff-site
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking tours
- Movie nightsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Stand-up comedyAdditional chargeOff-site
- Bar crawlsAdditional charge
- Horseback ridingAdditional chargeOff-site
- BowlingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 3:30 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
When booking for more than 14 people, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash is not accepted Hôtel de l'Horloge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Groups (from 5 rooms):
- 30% of the reservation total will be charged at the time of reservation, and the balance is due 30 days before check-in
A valid identity card or passport must be presented at the reception upon arrival (driving license alone is not accepted).
Please note that not all rooms are reached directly by elevator and that some of them are accessible by steps.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Hôtel de l'Horloge
Room options at Hôtel de l'Horloge include:
Hôtel de l'Horloge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Bar crawls
- Bike tours
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Movie nights
- Cooking class
- Horseback riding
- Stand-up comedy
- Themed dinners
- Walking tours
- Live music/Performance
Hôtel de l'Horloge is 650 feet from the center of Avignon.
Guests staying at Hôtel de l'Horloge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Hôtel de l'Horloge is from 3:30 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
The prices at Hôtel de l'Horloge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.