This property isn’t taking reservations on our site right now. But don’t worry, you can find tons of other nearby properties right here.
228 rue du Docteur Paccard, Chamonix City Centre, 74400 Chamonix, France – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 516 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Hotel Richemond is located in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, 330 yards from Aiguille du Midi cable car. This family-run hotel offers rooms with a private bathroom, a TV and mountain views. Breakfast is served daily and guests are invited to enjoy the Richemond’s sun terrace and shaded garden, which are situated across from the Mont-Blanc. The Richemond has a children’s playground and a game room with ping-pong and pool tables. Private parking is available at Hotel Richemond and the Montenvers Railway is 15 minutes away. Guests can also visit the Alpin Museum, which is situated 330 yards from the hotel.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.Hôtel Richemond has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jul 16, 2010
- Chamonix - Planpraz Ski Lift - 1,500 feet
- Aiguille Midi 1 - 1,550 feet
- TK Savoy Ski Lift - 1,550 feet
- TK de Samaran - 1,600 feet
- Grepon - 3,150 feet
- Planards - 3,350 feet
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Family rooms
- Good Breakfast
See what guests loved the most:
- JudyUnited States of America“great location, view, breakfast, helpful staff. older hotel with charm - single room updated with great shower. quiter if facing back. though great view if face front.”
- JudyUnited States of America“Excellent location in center of all and only a 7 minute walk to aiguille du midi cablecar and chamonix sud bus station and very close to train station too. beautiful view of mt blanc from breakfast room and room, helpful staff. Breakfast very...”
- RadovicSerbia“The hotel is absolutely fantastic, especially the extraordinarily kind staff. It is in the very center of the city, in the pedestrian zone, with its own free parking, spacious rooms beautifully decorated in early 20th-century style. The stay in...”
- JulienFrance“Excellent location very close to the conference centre (Majestic) and to everything actually. Very easy access. Very, very nice personnel.”
- PhilippSwitzerland“I liked the hotel very much. It's an old building with a hystory and soul. Lobby very well decorated, view on Mont blanc at the breakfast and from the room. Comfortable beds and spacious room. Bathroom with a bathtub.”
- MichiganguyUnited States of America“This is an old fashioned hotel with great ambiance. The owners and staff were wonderful, helpful in every way. We liked the view, the location (15 minutes from the train and 10 minutes from the bus). Great beds, good breakfast.”
- RocioUnited Kingdom“I liked the charm of the hotel, the friendly staff, the cleanliness, the size of the bedroom and bathroom, and the interesting architectonic details.”
- LukeUnited Arab Emirates“Location is perfect. The property has some kind of magical historical vibe. You will know when you are there. Waking up with windows opening out onto the view of the Mont Blanc is special. The team are all very friendly in a genuine sort of way.”
- FernandaSwitzerland“The room was great, very big, separate closet and bathroom. Everything seems to be renovated not long ago, despite the hotel being a bit older. Very friendly staff. They have parking Well located”
- MiguelTaiwan“Near the cablebox terminal. Very accommodating staff.”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
Bonjour,I plan to have a day trip from La Clusaz.How far from a bus station? Merci, KeikoBonjour, The hotel is located at 10 minutes walking from the Chamonix bus station. Best regards, Bruno Sarraz-BournetAnswered on 21 March 2022
Hi how far are you from the bus station do I need to get public transport from the station to your hotelBonjour, The hotel is located at 10-15 minutes walking from th bus station.There are direct shuttles(line1) to the hôtel,stop is "Chamonix centre".Answered on 30 June 2020
Hi I’m coming on own in advance of my friends the next day. I will arrive late will there be someone to let me in and maybe a cup of tea!Bonjour, We have a night porter staying at the front desk all night.We close the door at 1am,if you arrive later,just ring the bell and we will open.Answered on 21 January 2022
Hi. I will be climbing Mont Blanc, I need a hotel before, during and after the climb. Is it possible to leave my luggage for a few days in your storag..Bonjour, No problem to leave your luggage when you are in mountain,we have a locked room close to the front desk B.Sarraz - hôtel Richemond ChamonixAnswered on 30 June 2020
May I complete the check in without an adult if they payment is already made?Bonjour, It is possible to check in without an adult only if the adult will arrive later in the evening.Answered on 13 February 2020
Hi, I will be reaching Chamonix on 10th Jan 12pm. It will be ok if i drop my luggage(one cabin trolly) in the hotel and come bavk by 6pm.No problem to leave your luggage at the hotel around 12pm on 10th January.We have a locked door close to the front desk.Answered on 29 December 2019
- Still looking?
Hotel area info *
Amenities of Hôtel RichemondGreat facilities! Review score, 8.2
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Family rooms
- Good Breakfast
- Sun deck
- Family rooms
From 3:00 PM to 12:00 AM
From 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Cash Hôtel Richemond accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Please inform Hôtel Richemond of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hôtel Richemond
Hôtel Richemond is 650 feet from the center of Chamonix. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
Hôtel Richemond offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Guests staying at Hôtel Richemond can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at Hôtel Richemond include:
The prices at Hôtel Richemond may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Hôtel Richemond is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.