Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Afan Road, Cymmer, SA13 3ES, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 333 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Afan Lodge is a dog friendly hotel, within its own grounds in the Afan Argoed Country Park. Each room has a view of the spectacular scenery.
There is free Wi-Fi and each modern room has air conditioning, 39 inch smart flat-screen TV.
The popular lounge bar lets guests relax with a beer, hot chocolate or freshly ground coffee. Lounge beside the fire on one of the sofas and watch the large TV.
The Afan Lodge Restaurant has a stylish yet traditional menu, with fresh and often local ingredients.
The Afan Lodge Is owned and operated by Pen Y Cymoedd Community Fund who welcome those who want to enjoy the Afan Valley mountain bike trails and walking routes. There is a secure bike lock-up on site.
The Community Fund has been established by energy company Vattenfall for the benefit of the communities hosting the wind farm in and across the upper Neath, Afan, Rhondda and Cynon Valleys.
The Fund has an annual Budget of £1.8 million until 2043 and it offers an amazing opportunity for local people to invest themselves and their ideas - building on all that is best in their communities. Pen Y Cymoedd Community Fund purchased The Lodge to ensure its continued contribution to the local community's economic and social wellbeing, by creating and sustaining employment. Any eventual profits will return to the community fund for reinvestment across its area of benefit The Fund is managed by an independent, locally based not-for-profit Community Interest Company.
Pen Y Cymoedd Community Fund has eight Directors and three members of staff - all with local connections and many combined years of community engagements experience.
Afan Lodge is between the Forest Park Center and Glyncorrwg Mountain Bike Center. It is 6 miles from the M4 and 8 miles from the coast.
For group booking of 10 rooms or more please contact the Lodge for more information.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose Afan Lodge
- Do you have bikes for hire?We don't do bike hire. However, there is a bike shed in the Afan Forest Park that hires out all kinds of bikes which is under a mile away from the Lod...Answered on June 15, 2022
- Are you disabled friendly for wheelchair user .Can’t find any information on your site for disabled people. Thanks joyHi Joy, We do have a user friendly room here at the Lodge which is also equipped with a wet room. There is also a lift from the hotel lobby down to th...Answered on January 7, 2022
- Hi can you tell me whether there is a charge for dogs we will be travelling with two Jack Russells￼Hi, We charge £10 per dog per night. Kind regards, Afan Lodge TeamAnswered on September 29, 2022
- Do you cater for gluten free guests?We do have Gluten free meals on our Menus for all meals and snacksAnswered on July 10, 2021
- Hi Joy, I have a boxer dog breed and wanted to check you have rooms to cater for petsHi, yes we do have dog friendly rooms, please let us know you have a dog when you book. We are also dog friendly in the bar area where you can have dr...Answered on April 4, 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The maximum number of cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check the maximum capacity for the room you selected.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Afan Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
When traveling with pets, please note that an extra charge of 10GBP per pet, per night applies.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Afan Lodge
Check-in at Afan Lodge is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Afan Lodge is 1.7 miles from the center of Cymmer.
Yes, Afan Lodge is popular with guests booking family stays.
Guests staying at Afan Lodge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at Afan Lodge include:
The prices at Afan Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Afan Lodge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Afan Lodge has 1 restaurant:
From the nearest airport, you can get to Afan Lodge by:
- Train 19min