Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speak English
Tregolls Road, Truro, TR1 1ZQ, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.1/10! (score from 1557 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at The Alverton! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
The Alverton is the only four-star hotel within the cathedral city of Truro. It is set within a 19th-century Grade II listed building with arched mullioned windows. Offering a bar and brasserie and free on-site parking, the hotel is just 25 minutes' drive from the coast of Cornwall.
An en suite bathroom, TV and tea/coffee making facilities are featured in each room at The Alverton.
Serving traditional Sunday lunch, the on-site brasserie uses ingredients from local suppliers whenever possible. Guests can relax with a drink in the lounge or out on the terrace in the warmer months.
The Eden Project is a 30-minute drive and features the world’s largest greenhouse. Truro Cathedral can be reached in 10 minutes' on foot.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
4 reasons to choose The Alverton
- hello, is this pet friendly ?Hello, Yes some of our Classic Double/Twin rooms are pet friendly.Answered on 27 June 2021
- Hi I’m travelling for work may need to stay one possibility two nights, is it still possible to get mealsGood evening, a bagged continental breakfast will be provided. Unfortunately no other food is available. There are however local takeaways that delive...Answered on 8 January 2021
- Hi, what restaurants/bar/breakfast facilities are currently running ? We're planning to book from 3rd May for 3 nights. ThanksGood Morning! We are looking forward to re-opening to leisure guests on 17th May 2021, as per government guidelines. This includes our rooms, bar, res...Answered on 19 April 2021
- Hi can we please have the room with the roll top free standing bath ,as in the photoHello, please contact the reception team for questions regarding your own bookingAnswered on 27 December 2020
- can you walk into TruroGood Morning Certainly, to walk to Truro town city will take approximately ten minutes (downhill). Kind Regards Jacqui, ReceptionAnswered on 15 March 2021
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, High tea, Cocktail hour
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 23:00
07:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
There is no capacity for cots at this property.
There is no capacity for extra beds at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
The Alverton accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
FAQs about The Alverton
Guests staying at The Alverton can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The Alverton offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Check-in at The Alverton is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The Alverton is 750 yards from the centre of Truro.
Room options at The Alverton include:
The prices at The Alverton may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
The Alverton has 1 restaurant: