Lake Rd, Ambleside, LA22 0DB, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.7/10! (score from 1521 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The family-run Ambleside Townhouse is situated in Ambleside, 800 metres from Lake Windermere. It offers en suite rooms and a full English breakfast in the morning. Each stylish room has fresh light décor. Ambleside Townhouse offers free car parking and a lock-up area for motorcycles and bicycles. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property. Rydal Water is less than 2 miles away. Windermere Railway Station and town centre is 5 miles away, providing access to the World of Beatrix Potter, the Steamboat Museum and boat trips.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.Ambleside Townhouse has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 7 Oct 2006.
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
See what guests loved the most:
- MaryUnited Kingdom“Excellent location. Lovely rooms, spotlessly clean with little extra touches. Fantastic breakfast. Would highly recommend”
- AndrewUnited Kingdom“Very nice property which was clean and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and we had a fantastic stay.”
- LouiseUnited Kingdom“Great location in the centre of Ambleside. Breakfast was delicious. Room was lovely and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Would definitely come back.”
- HelenUnited Kingdom“It is central to all amenities in Ambleside. It has a car park were you can leave your car and it won’t get damaged”
- StuartNew Zealand“everything. This was the best value for money accommodation we had during our entire 5 week holiday. Large room, great comfortable bed, staff amazing. great breakfast”
- NimaUnited Kingdom“Great location, fantastic breakfast, very clean and had the best shower in ages! very decent size rooms with easy access to everywhere.”
- GerardUnited Kingdom“Lovely townhouse. Great location right in the centre of Ambleside. Staff were great and very helpful. Fantastic cooked breakfast in the morning, with other choices available. Rooms were comfortable and spotless.”
- TonyUnited Kingdom“The location, friendly staff, very clean, beautiful rooms really nice, a great place to stay with Ambleside Town centre right on your door step but just a minutes walk away.”
- CarolineUnited Kingdom“Great location, Lovely comfortable room with good facilities and a fabulous view from the window. Breakfast choice was amazing and we tried something different every day.”
- PhilipUnited Kingdom“Location excellent, staff very friendly & breakfast very good”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
hi. where can you park please?Hi, We have a car park which is situated at the back of the property.Answered on 14 October 2019
Do you have a bar? What time us breakfast? Can I eat it in my room on Saturday when rugby on?We do not have a bar as such however, we do have alcoholic drinks available. You can either collect your breakfast and take it to your room or order ..Answered on 28 October 2019
Hi I would love to book this guest house. Can the continental breakfast be upgraded to a full English, please?Our breakfast includes continental items and a cooked option.Answered on 4 November 2021
hi I’m looking to bring my dog we previously stayed with you a a room that sat beside the car park if this is possible again pleaseIf its available happy to allocateAnswered on 2 February 2023
Hi how far are you from the centre of town and would you advise pre booking evening meals locally? ThanksHello, We are 2 minutes away from the town centre. Yes I would advise booking meals, the town is extremely busy at the momentAnswered on 20 June 2021
Hi, Do you accept cash payments?Sorry no as we take pre payment 7 days prior to arrivalAnswered on 12 May 2022
- Still looking?
Property surroundings *
Facilities of Ambleside TownhouseGreat facilities! Review score, 9.1
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-out
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Non-smoking throughout
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 15:00 to 23:30
From 08:00 to 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Cash is not accepted Bankcard Ambleside Townhouse accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
The fine print
If guests smoke in their rooms, the guest house may charge up to one night's accommodation as a penalty.
Guests are kindly requested to inform the hotel in advance of their estimated time of arrival if they are due to arrive after 20:00. This can be noted in the Comments Box during booking or by contacting the hotel/property using the contact details found on the booking confirmation.
Parking spaces are limited and subject to availability.
When booking for 4 or more rooms, different policies and charges may apply, and non-refundable payment is required.
It may not be possible to accommodate guests in the same room for each consecutive night of their stay.
Guests under the age of 18 can only check in with a parent or official guardian.
FAQs about Ambleside Townhouse
The prices at Ambleside Townhouse may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Check-in at Ambleside Townhouse is from 15:00, and check-out is until 10:30.
Ambleside Townhouse offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Guests staying at Ambleside Townhouse can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
Ambleside Townhouse is 250 yards from the centre of Ambleside. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
Room options at Ambleside Townhouse include: