Harrowbeer Lane, Yelverton, PL20 6DY, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 134 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Classic Double Room - Second Floor
Premier King or Twin Room - First Floor
Premier Double Room - Second Floor
Premier Double or Twin Room with Private External Bathroom - First Floor
Superior Double Room - Second Floor
Premier Double Room - Ground Floor
Angela and Steve welcome you to Barnabas House, our award-winning guesthouse set in Dartmoor National Park. Barnabas House is a typical Edwardian villa, which has been lovingly refurbished. We offer free superfast broadband in all areas and rooms, free onsite parking and secure cycle storage. We have a lovely guest lounge with wood burning stove for winter and cooler evenings, and a south facing courtyard garden for guests to enjoy in the summer. We are 5 miles from the historic market town of Tavistock, and 8 miles from Plymouth. Dartmoor National Park is on our doorstep with many walks direct from the door, and the beautiful Tamar Valley is close by. We have a great bus service to Plymouth and Tavistock and beyond, Plymouth train station is a bus ride away, and the village of Yelverton has great amenities including pub, restaurant, cafes, grocery store, delicatessen, pharmacy and doctor. We also have several great country pubs within a couple of miles. The Drake's Trail, the West Devon Way and Dartmoor Way are all on our doorstep, as our several National Trust properties. We are very close to Cornwall and the Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan can be driven to easily.
Property surroundings –
- Yelverton Golf Club 0.3 miles
- Morwellham Quay 4.8 miles
- Tamar Science Park 5.3 miles
- Cotehele House 6.1 miles
- Boringdon Park Golf Club 6.6 miles
- Marsh Mills 7.6 miles
- Plymouth Argyle Home Park Football Stadium 7.7 miles
- Mount Gould Hospital 8 miles
- Lanhydrock 8 miles
- The School Of Marine Science and Engineering 8.4 miles
Most popular landmarks
- Cathedral Church of St Mary and St Boniface 8.7 miles
- Plymouth Hoe 8.9 miles
- Plymouth Pavilions 9 miles
- Lydford Castle 10.5 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Co-operative Supermarket 0.1 miles
- The Rock Inn Cafe/bar 0.1 miles
- Jasmine Chinese restaurant Restaurant 0.3 miles
- The Royal Oak, Meavy Cafe/bar 1.5 miles
- The Drake Manor Inn, Buckland Monachorum Cafe/bar 2.5 miles
- Tavistock Pannier Market Market 5 miles
- Taylor's Bistro, Tavistock Restaurant 5.5 miles
- The Cornish Arms, Tavistock Restaurant 5.5 miles
- Burrator Lake 1.5 miles
- Meavy River 1.5 miles
- Sharpitor Mountain 2 miles
- Plymouth Sea/ocean 8 miles
- Exeter International Airport 33.9 miles
- Newquay Cornwall Airport 40.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose Barnabas House
Why book with us
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Most popular facilities
Pets are not allowed.
- Horse riding Off-site
- Canoeing Off-site
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Fishing Off-site
- Golf course (within 3 km) (Additional charge)
- Tennis court Off-site
Food & Drink
- Special diet menus (on request)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily maid service
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storage
- Packed lunches
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
16:00 - 18:00
08:00 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
All further adults are charged GBP 30 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Barnabas House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please inform Barnabas House in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.