Bear and Ragged Staff
28 Appleton Road, Oxford, OX2 9QH, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 934 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Just 5 miles from the center of the city of Oxford, The Bear and Ragged The staff offers fantastic homemade food, free parking, and free Wi-Fi. Guests can relax in its cozy olde worlde bar, beside a roaring log fire.
Parts of the building date back more than 450 years, and it still retains charming old features. Rooms have high, sloping ceilings, king size beds, and a flat-screen TV.
Award-winning ales are offered in the bar, and guests can choose from a traditional British food menu for lunch and dinner. In the morning, guests can enjoy a full English or continental breakfast, with vegetarian options also available.
Oxford is famous for its magnificent college buildings, and there are opportunities for punting along the Thames River. The Ashmolean Museum is a 10 minute drive from The Bear and Ragged The staff, and Blenheim Palace can be reached in 20 minutes by car.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- is there a regular bus service into oxfordJust a couple of minutes walk from our lovely pub there is a bus stop that serves the local bus that runs into Oxford town centre. This is a regular s..Answered on 20 January 2020
- Is there a shower in each bathroom?Each room has it's own washing facilities. All rooms have showers and most rooms have baths also.Answered on 29 July 2021
- What time is breakfast served from please?Thank you for your interest. Breakfast is served daily form 8am until 11.30am.Answered on 1 February 2022
- Do you have parking also please ?Thanks for getting in touch. We do have free parking.Answered on 27 April 2021
- Are any of your rooms adjoining or suitable for a family with a 5 year old to sleep in their own room?Thank you for your request, we do have two King rooms above the pub with an adjoining door that can be opened up. Our family room, would be perfect fo..Answered on 17 November 2021
- Still looking?
Food: British, European
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Outdoor play equipment for kids
- Board games/Puzzles
- Smoke-free property
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Bear and Ragged Staff accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the Bear is an old pub and all rooms are different shapes and sizes.
All rooms above pub can only be accessed by steep stair cases.
Please inform Bear and Ragged Staff of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Bear and Ragged Staff
Guests staying at Bear and Ragged Staff can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Bear and Ragged Staff has 1 restaurant:
Yes, Bear and Ragged Staff is popular with guests booking family stays.
Room options at Bear and Ragged Staff include:
The prices at Bear and Ragged Staff may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Bear and Ragged Staff is 3.7 miles from the center of Oxford.
Check-in at Bear and Ragged Staff is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Bear and Ragged Staff offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 2 miles)