Beech Hill House B & B
Witherslack, Grange Over Sands, LA11 6RH, United Kingdom –
Beech Hill House in Witherslack is the family home of Jenny and Stuart Stott. The house, built prior to 1890 was made by the side of a bank of bedrock to protect it from the weather and is an unusual feature of the garden. The house is deceiving in size because it is square, so it's as deep as it's long. It was once two cottages that were turned into a four bedroom bungalow during the 1960s. In 1987 when Stuart bought the bungalow he took the roof of and went up the way converting it into a four bedroom family detached house. With it being so close to the A590 being built at the time, he designed it so it could be turned into a bed and breakfast should anyone wish to do so in the future because of it's ideal location. In 2008 when all the children left home and the recession hit they decided to turn it into a bed and breakfast so they could continue re-homing greyhounds. First guests arrived on the 1st July 2008 and since then much work has been done on both the inside and outside of the property - all rooms updated, room 1 balcony replaced, solar panels added, an enclosed guest garden made with dusk to dawn LED lighting and guest parking arrangements enhanced.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Lakes Aqaurium 4.8 miles
- Burton-in-Kendal Services M6 6.5 miles
- Castle Howe 7.3 miles
- Kendal Castle 7.7 miles
- Hill Top 9.1 miles
- World of Beatrix Potter 9.1 miles
- Lake Windermere 9.5 miles
- Laurel & Hardy Museum 10.1 miles
- Killington Lake Services M6 10.3 miles
- Grizedale Forest 10.9 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Trough of Bowland 13.3 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Greystones Filling Station Supermarket 1.8 miles
- Hare and Hounds at Levens Restaurant 3.5 miles
- L\'Enlcume Restaurant 6 miles
- Derby Arms Pub Restaurant 0 miles
- Derby Arms Pub Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Witherslack Community Shop Supermarket 0 miles
- Whitbarrow Scar Mountain 1 miles
- Lake Windermere (southern end) Lake 7 miles
- Gummers Howe Mountain 9 miles
- Leeds Bradford Airport 54.7 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 Reasons to Choose Beech Hill House B & B
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Picnic Area
- Outdoor Furniture
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
- Golf Course (within 2 miles)
Food & Drink
- Bottle of Water
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible Parking
- Street Parking
- Pet Bowls
- Pet Basket
- Daily Housekeeping
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Suit Press
Entertainment & Family Services
- Board Games/Puzzles
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Newspapers (additional charge)
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:30 PM - 12:00 AM
7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Beech Hill House B & B accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.