Beili Helyg Guest House
Cwm Cadlan, Penderyn, CF44 0YJ, United Kingdom –
Excellent location — rated 9.7/10! (score from 99 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
This is a very old property, and was originally a tenanted farm on a large estate known as the Bodwigiad, that owned most of the land in and around Penderyn. Bits of land have been sold off over the years to pay death duties, but the manor house is still occupied by the Squire's family. Beili Helyg was mostly a sheep farm and had willow (osier) plantations which would have been harvested for making woven products like fence panels, baskets, fish traps etc. We have copies of the census for each year which shows that mostly there was a different family here in each decade, usually with farm hands and domestic servants adding to the number of people living and working here. Originally the house only had windows in the front and the roof was made of stone slates, some of which we have found in the garden. The labourers and servants accommodation would have been over the stables and cowshed, which was at the lower end of the house, while the family lived in the main house at the higher end. It feels like a happy home and we love it :-)
Property surroundings –
- Cyfarthfa Castle 5 miles
- Aberdare Golf Club 5 miles
- Llancaiach Fawr Manor 10.7 miles
- South Wales Borderers Museum 12.2 miles
- Brecon Castle 12.3 miles
- Brecon Cathedral 12.5 miles
- Festival Park Shopping Village 13 miles
- Blaenllynfi Castle 13.4 miles
- Tretower Castle & Court 15 miles
- Llangorse Multi Activity Centre 15.1 miles
Restaurants and markets
- Red Lion Inn Penderyn Restaurant 2 miles
- Glancynon Inn Hirwaun Restaurant 4.6 miles
- Nant Ddu Lodge, Cwm Taff Restaurant 4.7 miles
- Co-op, Hirwaun Supermarket 5 miles
- Angel, Pontneddfechan Cafe/bar 8 miles
- Aberdare Market 8 miles
- Old White Horse Pontneddfechan Cafe/bar 8 miles
- Cadair Fawr Mountain 1.5 miles
- Llwyn Onn Lake 3 miles
- Sgwd yr Eira, River Hepste River 4 miles
- Pen y fan Mountain 8 miles
- Cardiff Airport 27.4 miles
- Bristol Airport 43.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 reasons to choose Beili Helyg Guest House
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
Pets are not allowed.
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Luggage storage
- Fax/photocopying (Additional charge)
- Packed lunches
- Laundry (Additional charge)
- Adult only
- Non-smoking throughout
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
16:00 - 21:00
06:30 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.