You're eligible for a Genius discount at Belmount Hall! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Belmount Hall (formerly owned by Beatrix Potter) is in the heart of the Lake District, with views down the valley to Esthwaite Water on one side, and the rolling Lakeland hills on the other. The property is 15 minutes' walk from Hawkshead, where there are four pubs offering food, and 12 minutes' drive from Ambleside, where there are many restaurants.
Each bedroom has been individually styled with original period features, modern en-suite bathrooms with power shower, elegant decorations, comfortable beds with Egyptian cotton bed linen and views over the Lakeland fells. Every room has free WiFi and a Roberts® radio.
Guests can enjoy an included continental breakfast. Dogs are welcome to stay, but must not get on beds or be fed in the bedrooms. There is a shared sitting room with a flat-screen TV and books.
The property is a 19-minute drive from Windermere.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- Do you have a cancellation policy in the event of needing to self-isolate due to Covid-19? We are planning to book for July 2020- so only a few weeks awayIf you have to cancel through needing to self-isolate due to Covid-19, you may cancel without charge up to 24 hours before arrival.Answered on 25 June 2020
- We would like to come with a small dog - cavalier king charles spaniel - she is well behaved and has her own bed. Are there any extra charges? Can she..Normally we do not allow dogs in the breakfast room, but we could serve breakfast in your room. We make a charge of £12 per dog per stay.Thanks,ChrisAnswered on 29 June 2020
- Hi. We are interested in the King Room with Garden View. We have a dog that will be with us. She has her own bed. As your rules state that 'dogs canno..No problem with dogs being fed in the back corridor, by the Guest Entrance, or in the bathroom/shower room. We just prefer that dogs are not fed in th..Answered on 27 July 2021
- We’re looking to book for Sept 16-18. One couple and two dogs. A small bichon cross poodle & a medium sized cockapoo. Which room would be most suited?Thank you for your enquiry. We look forward to welcoming you at Belmount Hall. You are welcome to bring your dog. We make a charge of £20 per dog, per..Answered on 25 February 2022
- Hi do you have wi fi or to in the roomHi, We have Wi-Fi in all rooms. Thanks, ChrisAnswered on 2 February 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
16:00 - 19:00
09:30 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no cots available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Belmount Hall accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
The fine print
Please inform Belmount Hall in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.