Best Western Red Lion Hotel
4 Milford Street, Salisbury, SP1 2AN, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.1/10! (score from 1591 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Best Western Red Lion Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Set in a beautiful 13th-century building, the Red Lion Hotel has an award-winning restaurant furnished with antiques. Handmade furnishings made on site feature in each individually decorated room. Located in Salisbury’s historic city centre, Red Lion is just 450 yards from the cathedral.
Shops, bars and restaurants are within 150 yards and Salisbury Playhouse is less than 10 minutes’ walk from Best Western Red Lion Hotel. The rail station can be reached after a 15-minute walk and the New Forest National Park is 15 minutes’ drive away.
Overlooking the quaint courtyard, the Victoria Lounge has oak beams and 2 log fires. Coffee, tea, cakes and a choice of light dishes are all served in this lounge. Real ales are served in the striped 1220 Bar and locally sourced, fresh produce is available on the Vine Restaurant’s menu.
A selection of toiletries and a hairdryer is included in each room’s private bathroom. Free Wi-Fi access, a TV and tea and coffee making facilities are also provided.
This is our guests' favourite part of Salisbury, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is breakfast included?We have room only rates or bed and breakfast rates. If you book a room only rate you can add breakfast on arrival if required. Breakfast is served fr..Answered on 1 October 2020
- Does this price include breakfast?We have room only rates or bed and breakfast rates. If you book a room only rate you can add breakfast on arrival if required. Breakfast is served fr..Answered on 1 October 2020
- Do you have a place to securely store bikes overnight?We have a storage room which we can use for bikes so long as we are notified in advance.Answered on 2 July 2020
- Can you book breakfastYes you can book breakfast on your arrival kind regards receptionAnswered on 5 December 2020
- Is there am ensuite shower without a bathtub?all of single rooms are shower only.Answered on 2 May 2021
- Still looking?
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Alarm clock
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Themed dinner nightsAdditional charge
- Golf course (within 3 km)Additional charge
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Invoice provided
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in/check-outAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Non-smoking throughout
- Wake-up service
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
From 14:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 13 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Best Western Red Lion Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property currently isn't accepting guests from certain countries, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary and other relevant information, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Parking is subject to availability due to limited spaces.
FAQs about Best Western Red Lion Hotel
Best Western Red Lion Hotel offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Themed dinner nights
Yes, Best Western Red Lion Hotel is popular with guests booking family stays.
Best Western Red Lion Hotel is 700 yards from the centre of Salisbury.
Room options at Best Western Red Lion Hotel include:
Check-in at Best Western Red Lion Hotel is from 14:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Guests staying at Best Western Red Lion Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 6.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
The prices at Best Western Red Lion Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.