Situated along the rolling hills 10 miles north of Dumfries town, Boreland Farm features a variety of farm activities and animals. Free fishing can be enjoyed on the River Cairn, which is less than 5 minutes’ walk from the property.
An en suite bathroom is featured in each Boreland Farm room, as well as a TV & DVD player and tea/coffee making facilities. All rooms have their own private access. The room also has a private kitchen and a private sitting room with open views over the farm and to the hills.
Guests can take in the farm’s 365 acres of pasture and rough grazing, which feature a flock of 550 breeding sheep include pure Ryeland & Herdwick ewes and tups.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Your stay will include:
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, Is it the whole house that is for the holiday rental or is it shared with other people?Hello, The one bedroom self catering anex is private and not shared with other people. It is located just over the farm drive next to our house. Hope this helps. Best wishes, PhilippaAnswered on 22 April 2021
- Would you like payment by card or cash when we leave? Thank you. I'm only asking because the last B&B asked me for cash the day before we left and there wasn't a cash machine for miles and then I had a limit on withdrawal, so it caused a bit of a headache. Thanks Julian CoatesHi Julian, we take payment from your credit or debit card on arrival if that's OK. We look forward to welcoming you on Monday, Best wishes, PhilippaAnswered on 11 June 2021
- Looking for quiet stay but will have some work to do including video calls so will need a strong internet connection. How good is the WiFi? Thank YouWifi is fiber to the property so pretty good!Answered on 14 June 2022
- Hi there, I am hoping to book a stay with you guys in the next month or so, but wondered if there was an additional charge if I'm bringing my dogs with me? Also, is the surrounding areas on for walking dogs off lead? ThanksHi, We do charge for dogs, £10 each (maximum of 2) for their stay. There is usually an empty field dogs can run in away from the farm animals and poultry. The ground has plenty of rabbits which may be a consideration if your dog takes off in chase?Answered on 8 August 2021
- Hello Does the property have a washing machine please?No it doesn't I'm afraidAnswered on 14 June 2022
From 16:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cot upon request
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
1 cot available upon request.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Bankcard Boreland Farm accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
The fine print
This property will not accommodate hen, stag or similar parties.
FAQs about Boreland Farm
Boreland Farm offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Golf course (within 3 km)
Room options at Boreland Farm include:
- Holiday Home
Check-in at Boreland Farm is from 16:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
The prices at Boreland Farm may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Boreland Farm by:
- Car 1h 40min
Boreland Farm is 1.9 miles from the centre of Dunscore.
Yes, Boreland Farm is popular with guests booking family stays.