Rothay Road, Ambleside, LA22 0EE, United Kingdom –
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 554 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Max adults: 2
Max children: 1 (up to 0 years of age)
Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)
Standard Double Room
Max adults: 2
Max children: 2 (up to 0 years of age)
Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)
Superior Double Room
Superior Twin Room
Four Poster Bedroom
Brathay Lodge is a family run Lake District bed & breakfast with scenic views over Wansfell and Loughrigg. Free on site parking / Wi-Fi. All rooms en-suite with Jacuzzi baths. Short walk to Ambleside shops and restaurants or Lake Windermere. Brathay Lodge is very well located for walkers, mountain bikers and golfers visiting the Lake District.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Rydal Mount & Gardens 1.5 miles
- Rydal Water 1.7 miles
- Grizedale Forest 4.1 miles
- Lake Windermere 4.4 miles
- World of Beatrix Potter 4.8 miles
- Tarn Hows 5.1 miles
- Hill Top 5.3 miles
- Coniston Water 7.2 miles
- Scafell Pike 9.9 miles
- Lakes Aqaurium 10.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Kendal Castle 11.7 miles
- Derwentwater 12.6 miles
- Buttermere 13.8 miles
- Wasdale 13.8 miles
- Askham Hall 15 miles
- Muncaster Castle 17.5 miles
- Brougham Castle 18 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Keswick (Thurs & Sat) Market 17 miles
- Jintana (Thai) Restaurant 0.2 miles
- Esquires Coffee Shop Cafe/Bar 0.2 miles
- Spar Food Store Supermarket 0.3 miles
- Co-Op Supermarket 0.3 miles
- Tesco Express Supermarket 0.4 miles
- Dodds Restaurant 0.4 miles
- the apple pie cafe & bakery Cafe/Bar 0.4 miles
- Daisy\'s Cafe Cafe/Bar 0.4 miles
- Windermere Lake 1 miles
- Stock Ghyll (waterfalls) Mountain 2.5 miles
- Wansfell Mountain 6 miles
- Loughrigg Fell Mountain 6.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Brathay Lodge
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Ambleside
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Mini Golf (additional charge)
- Bowling (additional charge)
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
- Tennis Court Off-site (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Fruit (additional charge)
- Bottle of Water
- Wine/Champagne (additional charge)
- Kid-Friendly Buffet
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible Parking
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Baggage Storage
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Packed Lunches
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- Laundry (additional charge)
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs, Music for Kids
- Board Games/Puzzles
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-smoking Rooms
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
7:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 10 per night in a crib.
All children under 16 years are charged GBP 30 per night for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged GBP 45 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Brathay Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note that extra beds are subject to availability and by prior arrangement.
Please inform Brathay Lodge of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.