Brocks Guest House
32 Brock Street, Bath, BA12LN, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 593 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
32 Brock Street was built in 1765 by the famous architect John Wood the Younger. This elegant Georgian Town House is steeped in history and has been home to many characters over the centuries, including Henry Osmond who in 1846 used it as a Wig makers & Perfumers shop. In 1864 Brocks had become a lodging house run by Mr. Guy Perry, and we know that in 1876 Brocks was owned by Charlotte Barry a Milliner by trade. 1895 would see Brocks return to a Lodging House, this time ran by Samuel Goding. It would have looked pretty much as we see it today. Brocks still retains the original Georgian kitchen fire downstairs, where Guy and Samuel would have had their cooks prepare meals for the guests upstairs. Brocks continue to prepare fresh breakfasts, which are cooked to order using locally sourced products which are compliant with Red Tractor (assured standards). To ensure a smooth and relax breakfast orders are taken the night before. Brocks is a grade two listed building which has originial features including and an almost identical fire place and how it would have been used at 1A Royal Crescent Georgian kitchen museum. We do not have any lift facilities.
Brocks Guest House takes special requests - add in the next step!
Property surroundings – Great location - show map
- East Asian Art Museum 0.1 miles
- Royal Crescent Museum 0.1 miles
- Museum Of East Asian Art 0.1 miles
- Royal Crescent 0.1 miles
- Assembly Rooms 0.1 miles
- Bath Assembly Rooms 0.1 miles
- Fashion Museum 0.1 miles
- No. 1 Royal Crescent 0.1 miles
- Rostra Gallery 0.2 miles
- Museum Of Bath At Work 0.2 miles
Most popular landmarks
- The Circus Bath 0.2 miles
- Pulteney Bridge 0.4 miles
- Bath Abbey 0.4 miles
- The Roman Baths 0.4 miles
- Bath Spa Train Station 0.7 miles
- Oldfield Park Train Station 0.8 miles
- University of Bath 1.9 miles
- Bristol Temple Meads 10.3 miles
- Bristol Temple Meads Station 10.3 miles
- Cabot Circus 10.7 miles
Restaurants and markets
- The Circus Restaurant Restaurant 0 miles
- Assembly Rooms Cafe/bar 0 miles
- Bath city centre Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Guildhall Market 0.6 miles
- Pulteney Weir & Bridge River 0.5 miles
- Kennet & Avon Canal River 0.8 miles
- Bristol Airport 14.9 miles
- Cardiff Airport 42.2 miles
- Bournemouth Airport 47.6 miles
Shopping nearby – all within 500m!
- Milsom Place Market Boutique Local & authentic
- Milsom Street Luxury Department store High street
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
6 reasons to choose Brocks Guest House
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 2 languages
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Bath
Pets are not allowed.
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is possible at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Bridal suite
- Non-smoking throughout
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
What topic(s) would you like to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your thoughts help us figure out what kind of information we should be asking properties for.Back to property
Sorry, but it seems like something went wrong in submitting this. Would you mind trying again?Retry
16:00 - 17:00 hours
08:00 - 10:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and extra beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 10 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
One child under 10 years is charged GBP 40 per person per night in an extra bed.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 2.
There is no capacity for cots in the room.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.