Brocks Guest House
32 Brock Street, Bath, BA12LN, United Kingdom –
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 704 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
32 Brock Street was built in 1765 by the famous architect John Wood the Younger. This elegant Georgian Town House is steeped in history and has been home to many characters over the centuries, including Henry Osmond who in 1846 used it as a Wig makers & Perfumers shop. In 1864 Brocks had become a lodging house run by Mr. Guy Perry, and we know that in 1876 Brocks was owned by Charlotte Barry a Milliner by trade. 1895 would see Brocks return to a Lodging House, this time ran by Samuel Goding. It would have looked pretty much as we see it today. Brocks still retains the original Georgian kitchen fire downstairs, where Guy and Samuel would have had their cooks prepare meals for the guests upstairs. Brocks continue to prepare fresh breakfasts, which are cooked to order using locally sourced products which are compliant with Red Tractor (assured standards). To ensure a smooth and relax breakfast orders are taken the night before. Brocks is a grade two listed building which has originial features including and an almost identical fire place and how it would have been used at 1A Royal Crescent Georgian kitchen museum. We do not have any lift facilities.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- East Asian Art Museum 0.1 miles
- Royal Crescent Museum 0.1 miles
- Museum Of East Asian Art 0.1 miles
- Royal Crescent 0.1 miles
- Assembly Rooms 0.1 miles
- Bath Assembly Rooms 0.1 miles
- Fashion Museum 0.1 miles
- No. 1 Royal Crescent 0.1 miles
- Rostra Gallery 0.2 miles
- Museum Of Bath At Work 0.2 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- The Circus Bath 0.2 miles
- Pulteney Bridge 0.4 miles
- Bath Abbey 0.4 miles
- The Roman Baths 0.4 miles
- Bath Spa Train Station 0.7 miles
- Oldfield Park Train Station 0.8 miles
- University of Bath 1.9 miles
- Bristol Temple Meads 10.3 miles
- Bristol Temple Meads Station 10.3 miles
- Cabot Circus 10.7 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- The Circus Restaurant Restaurant 0 miles
- Assembly Rooms Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Bath city centre Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Guildhall Market 0.6 miles
- Pulteney Weir & Bridge River 0.5 miles
- Kennet & Avon Canal River 0.8 miles
- Bristol Airport 14.9 miles
- Cardiff Airport 42.2 miles
- Bournemouth Airport 47.6 miles
Shopping Nearby – All Within 500 Yards!
- Milsom Street Luxury Department Store Shopping Street
- Milsom Place Market Boutique Local & Authentic
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Brocks Guest House
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Bath
Most Popular Facilities
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Street Parking
- Honeymoon Suite
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Family Rooms
- Non-smoking Rooms
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
Up to two children under 16 years are charged GBP 35 per night when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Brocks Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.