Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Burn How Garden House Hotel
Bowness-On-Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere, LA23 3HH, United Kingdom – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 867 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Burn How Garden House Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
This peaceful, family-run Lake District hotel is a 5-minute walk from Lake Windermere. It has an award-winning restaurant, free Wi-Fi and free parking.
The Burn How’s rooms are all on the private grounds, away from the main building. Each individually decorated room has a luxury bathroom, and a flat-screen TV.
The restaurant overlooks the garden and serves a menu including local venison, trout and lamb, along with ice cream and cheeses. There is a relaxing lounge, a patio and a bar stocking local beers.
Guests can take countryside walks from the hotel, or a cruise on Lake Windermere. The Lake District is perfect for biking, and the hotel provides secure bike storage.
Windermere has restaurants, bars and the World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, all a 5-minute walk from the Burn How.
This is our guests' favorite part of Bowness-on-Windermere, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
4 reasons to choose Burn How Garden House Hotel
- Does this room have a walk in shower, my mum is disabled.We have 2 of these rooms with a walk on shower, but we will need to be contacted to see if they are availableAnswered on December 4, 2019
- We need a room with walk in shower due to poor mobility. 4th June 7th June for my husbands 70th birthday. Have you got availability pleaseYes we do have aground floor superior room available for 3 nights from the 4th June 2021 with a walk in showerAnswered on April 19, 2021
- Hello do all the family rooms have a bath with shower over or just a shower and do they all have a balcony? It would be for 2 adults and 1 childMost of our family rooms have a bath with over the bath shower, we have one which has a shower only, 6 have balconies overlooking the garden and 4 hav...Answered on April 20, 2020
- hi how far is it from windermere train station .one and half miles , you can reach the hotel by bus, taxi at approximately £6.50 a fare or it will take approximately 25mins walkAnswered on October 6, 2020
- Looking to book a Superior room with breakfast included. Have you available an ordinary extra size bed (NOT a 4 poster). Also would this be on seco...Hello, thank you for your enquiry. We do have superior rooms that have king size beds if you prefer not to have a four poster. Some of our superior ro...Answered on October 13, 2020
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Dinner
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 10:30 PM
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
The entrance to the property is closed between 12:00 AM and 7:30 AM
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Burn How Garden House Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that not all twin rooms have a bath. Guests who require bath, please request this with the property (subject to availability).
Please note that not all Family Rooms have Balconys - Some may have a terrace
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), make sure you're booking this property in accordance with the destination's local government guidelines, including (but not limited to) the purpose of travel and maximum group size.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property currently isn't accepting guests from certain countries on dates where such guidelines exist.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Spa and gym facilities at this property are unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
FAQs about Burn How Garden House Hotel
The prices at Burn How Garden House Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Burn How Garden House Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- Garden Restaurant
Burn How Garden House Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
Check-in at Burn How Garden House Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Room options at Burn How Garden House Hotel include:
Burn How Garden House Hotel is 1,650 feet from the center of Bowness-on-Windermere.
Guests staying at Burn How Garden House Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte