Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speak English
1-3 Shirehall Plain, Holt, NR25 6BG, United Kingdom – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 406 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Experience world-class service at Byfords
Believed to be the town’s oldest building, this Grade II listed property offers bed and breakfast accommodation with free WiFi. A 10-minute drive from the coast, it consists of a charming all-day café and a shop selling a fantastic range of homemade food.
Byfords retains charming original features like old wooden beams, and boasts characterful antique furniture. In the morning guests can enjoy award-winning bacon, free-range eggs, and local Cley kippers. Fresh homemade bread, croissants, and Danish pastries are also served.
Rooms at Byfords are stylish and elegant, with an en suite bathroom, double-ended bath, fresh flowers, and under-floor heating. Other features include a Samsung TV with sound bar and multi-media hub for streaming movies.
The on-site shop serves freshly baked goods, from cakes to bread and pastries. Guests can also buy pizza, local jam and chutneys, sandwiches, chocolate, and coffee. Byfords is also just 45 minutes’ drive from the city of Norwich.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
4 reasons to choose Byfords
- Where do you recommend parking please? Thanks fionaAccess to the carpark is between Barclays Bank and Starlings newsagent on the main Holt High Street. It's a touch narrow, and the car park is a little...Answered on 3 October 2019
- Hi I’m interested in the family room but are the single beds separate from the double bed? In terms of in different rooms / divided by walls? ThanksHi, Our family room is two separete rooms, Master bedroom with king sized bed and second room with twin beds, Thank youAnswered on 24 July 2022
- Hi do you have rooms with disabled access particularly showers suitable for people with mobility problems ie do they have grab rails etc?Hi, Yes we do friendly disabled room that would be room 10, it has adjustable chair in shower high toilet and handle for support, Many thanksAnswered on 17 July 2022
- I would like to book a stay for my husband ,myself and 6 year old well behaved granddaughter on the second of Aug.Can you accommodate us Thank youHello, Yes of course we can, we do have beautiful room 7 available on 2nd Aug, with king sized bed, for your 66 year old well behaved granddaughter ...Answered on 31 July 2022
- Hi there, Can you advise on where the nearest parking is to the hotel? Thank you! OlgaHello, The nearest would be Albert street public car-park Holt NR25 6HG Thank youAnswered on 23 July 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 22:00
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children are not allowed.
Cot and extra bed policies
There is no capacity for cots at this property.
There is no capacity for extra beds at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Byfords accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
FAQs about Byfords
Check-in at Byfords is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Byfords has 1 restaurant:
Room options at Byfords include:
Guests staying at Byfords can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
From the nearest airport, you can get to Byfords by:
- Car 30min
Byfords is 400 yards from the centre of Holt.
The prices at Byfords may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Byfords offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Cooking class
- Live music/performance