178 Eastern Esplanade, Thorpe Bay, Southend-on-Sea, SS1 3AA, United Kingdom –
Excellent location – rated 9.2/10! (score from 589 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Built in 1890 as a boarding school the Camelia has a rich history and the family are constantly improving the hotel.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Kursaal 0.7 miles
- Southend Pier 1.1 miles
- Adventure Island 1.1 miles
- South Essex College 1.4 miles
- Southend Central Library 1.4 miles
- Southend Crown Court 1.6 miles
- Southend Magistrate Court 1.6 miles
- Southend-On-Sea Probation Service 1.7 miles
- Southend-on-Sea Borough Council 1.7 miles
- Spire Wellesley Hospital 1.8 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Dickens World 12.6 miles
- Historic Chatham Dockyard 13.8 miles
- Chatham Train Station 14 miles
- Rochester Castle 14.1 miles
- Hylands Park 18.1 miles
- Chelmsford Train Station 18.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Herbies Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Southend Pier Mountain 0.6 miles
- Sea Ocean/Sea 0 miles
- London Southend Airport 3.1 miles
- London City Airport 29.7 miles
- London Stansted Airport 32.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
5 Reasons to Choose Camelia Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Southend-on-Sea
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Furniture
Pets are not allowed.
- Windsurfing (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Daily Housekeeping
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Baggage Storage
- Packed Lunches
- Currency Exchange
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Room Service
- Designated Smoking Area
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Non-smoking Rooms
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years are charged GBP 5 per night in a crib.
All children under 12 years are charged GBP 5 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Debit card Camelia Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
If paying by cash, the hotel requires ID (passport or driving license only).
All public areas and guest accommodation within the Camelia Hotel are by law, ‘No Smoking’ areas. There is a designated, outside smoking area for guests’ use. Where it is found that guest(s) have smoked in a room, the property reserve the right to impose on the lead guest, a penalty fee to cover the cost of specialist cleansing and repairs and in extreme cases, the costs resulting in loss of income.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
This property will not accommodate bachelorette/bachelor or similar parties.